Smoked fish

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Smoked fish

Post by Toni » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:27 pm

What is your favorite recipe for smoking your favorite fish and what type of smoke?

I like alder smoke from my Traeger Wood Pellet Grill. I soak the fish in a brine of 4 cups water, 1/2 cup each sugar and salt with flavorings of different things so that it is really hard to get it to taste the same twice. My fault for experimenting to much. The fish soak from 8-12 hours. If I soak it longer it tastes to salty for my liking. My favorite fish is salmon 2nd trout and I haven't smoked anything else.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Smoked fish

Post by Bodofish » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:05 am

I just put a bunch of stuff in the water when i brine then smoke. sometimes I just dry rub then smoke. It's all in the eye.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Bodofish what do you dry rub them with? Not having to soak them would save time and refrigerator space.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:46 pm

What ever kind of spices strike my fancy then a little extra salt then sprinkle them with sugar and let them stand in the fridge for a day, open no cover. then put 'em in the smoker.

Get creative with the spice, curry, maple, almond, tarragon, garlic, onion, any combo. I've never been disapointed.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:04 pm

I have a recipe like that but I need more fish to use it on. The last one I caught I just BBQ tonight.

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”