What is your favorite crab boil?

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
flippinfool
Commander

RE:What is your favorite crab boil?

Post by flippinfool » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 pm

2 CUPS OF MALT VINEGER 2 CUPS WATER 1 CUP OLDBAY 1 LARGE POT 1 RAISED RACK COOK TILL RED .THIS IS FOR ABOUT FOUR CRABS AND I COAT THEM IN OLD BAY!
LIVE LIFE DONT LET LIFE LIVE YOU GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!

jf0
Petty Officer

Post by jf0 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm

This is not a boil but my favorite way to eat whole shelled cooked crab.

First I cut the bodies down the center and tear off the legs and arms, I didn't always remove the legs and arms but found the end result is tastier crab.

In a big pot I saute with a half or more stick of butter a whole white onion chopped into bite sizes and a few cloves of fresh garlic, add a generous amount of salt and pepper. Once the onions start turning translucent I toss in the crab (usually 3 whole crab in my pot) and pour in a half quart of heavy whipping cream, then enough half and half to just cover the crab about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way. Turn down the heat and let soak for about 15 to 20 minutes occasionally stirring and turning the crab over to get it all soaked.

I serve it in large shallow baking dishes, separate equal amounts of crab into each dish and pour enough sauce in to satisfy, enjoy with fresh french bread for dipping in the sauce. Chardonnay goes well to drink, beer too.

This is called "Messy Crab", so be prepared :)

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:01 pm

RaMcVey wrote:Officer Dave... If you need any help with the pots, manual labor, filming the arrest, or you simply caught more than you can eat... we'll be up there next week thru the 5th and would glad to help! :chef: :cheers:
I'll keep that in mind. It's kinda funny; at my work this time of year everyone starts asking me if I will take them out for some fresh crab. There are several of us at work who have boats but they all seem to start knocking at my door this time of year. From the sounds of your offer it sounds like you will be here without a boat? Where are you staying? I am planning on going out Friday the 3rd but have not made any plans as of yet for Saturday.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:18 pm

RaMcVey
I am also going out for the day on Friday and Sat and have extra room if not the extra pots. Let me know!

jFo that was the most tempting recipe I have seen. I read it twice and wrote it down. I think its on the books for Saturdays crab's!! tick tock tick tock...is it the first yet??

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:10 am

After talking with the boss when I got home last night... we're thinking about picking up some ring nets and doing the pier thing while fishing.

The boys will have fun and its not like we have any way to keep them fresh once caught so no sense in getting more than 3-4 a day for us. If we werent camping and doing the family thing, she would be more than glad to git rid of me for a day to go do some hard core fishin/crabin but... not this time. Bummer, but I see her point.

Major Thanks Though!

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”