Marinated fish steaks

Discuss your favorite recipes and fish eating ways...
beerman1981
Commander

Marinated fish steaks

Post by beerman1981 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:21 pm

This comes from my "Better Homes" cookbook, but I am adding this into the forum, because it is incredible. I have cooked it on many occasions for my family, and it is always a crowd pleaser. I have incorporated a few modifications. Enjoy!

(INGREDIENTS)

1 pound fresh or frozen salmon, halibut, swordfish, tuna STEAKS. Must be steaks, not filets.

2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice

1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or thyme; or 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano or thyme (crushed)

2 teaspoons of olive oil

2 cloves minced garlic

1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning

4 lime wedges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(DIRECTIONS)

1) Thaw fish (if frozen). Rince fish steaks and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving size pieces (if necassary). For marinade, in a shallow dish combine lime juice, oregano, oil, garlic, and lemon pepper seasoning. Add fish; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, turning steaks occasionally. [for maximum flavor, I always do 1.5 hours]

2) Drain fish, and save the marinade. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of the broiler pan. [For added moisture, I always fill the bottom of the broiler pan up about 1/4 to 1/2 way full of water]. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through cooking. Discard left over marinade. Before serving, squeeze the juice from one lime wedge over each steak.
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

Return to “Culinary Delights - Fish Recipes”