Fish Finder troubleshooting

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
bilhow911
Angler

Fish Finder troubleshooting

Post by bilhow911 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:43 pm

I have a Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp. I cannot get the unit to show fish arches. Everything I've been able to find online so far points to a problem with the transducer. Can anyone out there help? Thanks.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Fish Finder troubleshooting

Post by Amx » Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Start with making sure the transducer is angled properly. Also read thru this thread, it's very informative;

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23810
Tom.

Interests: living

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Good info in that thread Tom referenced. Probably will answer your questions. Also, details on where you're testing this would help too. i.e. fresh water, salt water, depth, fish species expected to be around, etc.

I found that in fresh water lakes that are less than 20 feet then I usually don't see a lot of fish arcs at any given time, but I also don't run the CHIRP sonar either.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:33 pm

Were you getting arches before and not now or is it like this from the start?

Do you have or can you get some screen shots? Its very difficult to diagnose issues like this without one.

Also, as others have said, we need more details of how you are using the unit. Boat speed, depth, where you are fishing, etc., but some screen shots would be the best place to start by far. Preferably ones captured on the unit rather than cell phone pics, but cell phone pics are better than nothing.