Recommendations On Boat Covers For Bass Trackers?

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Recommendations On Boat Covers For Bass Trackers?

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Hey Folks!

I just picked up a 2015 Bass Tracker Pro Team 190 TX. I'm looking at options for boat covers and wondering if anybody has any suggestions. Bass Pro Shops wants $570 for their cover. I've looked online and found some in the $300-400 range. I'm going to stop by Sportco to get a generic interim cover but thought I'd ask here if anybody had any recommendations on brand to go with.

Thanks,

Elijah!
13754285_10153663352906611_3321979150681087517_n.jpg

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Recommendations On Boat Covers For Bass Trackers?

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Boat looks great. Congrats. The TX17 I had was a great boat.
Tom.

Interests: living

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Amx wrote:Boat looks great. Congrats. The TX17 I had was a great boat.
Thanks Tom! I still wanna ride in your Phoenix one of these days!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Elijah.Loves.Fishin wrote:
You got it. Just pick a day and we'll go to 'the big lake'. lol

Took it out today, got a few good fish, but forgot to count them. [laugh] I'll go check my notes later. Only did 72.3 mph today. Gotta get more drive time in it. [biggrin]
Tom.

Interests: living

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Amx wrote:
You got it. Just pick a day and we'll go to 'the big lake'. lol

Took it out today, got a few good fish, but forgot to count them. [laugh] I'll go check my notes later. Only did 72.3 mph today. Gotta get more drive time in it. [biggrin]
HA! Only 72.3 mph ;)

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Congrats on the boat bud, I bought my tracker used, it came with a cover that I believe was designed for it. It fits it well. Imo, if you're going to leave your boat out in the open you should get a cover designed for the boat.

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:54 pm

kzoo wrote:Congrats on the boat bud, I bought my tracker used, it came with a cover that I believe was designed for it. It fits it well. Imo, if you're going to leave your boat out in the open you should get a cover designed for the boat.
That's the plan! I bought a generic cover from Sportco to get me by temporarily until I can get one ordered for it. Hope things are going well for you Paul! Let's go fish sometime!

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:00 am

For my prior boat, I bought a "semi-custom" cover from Savvy Boater in Portland. At that time they sell Carver and Westland covers in various fabrics. They had two methods 1) the specific boat if they have it in their specs or 2) based on general characteristics--type of boat, length, beam, etc. I bought the mid-range fabric and was happy with it.

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:14 am

kodacachers wrote:For my prior boat, I bought a "semi-custom" cover from Savvy Boater in Portland. At that time they sell Carver and Westland covers in various fabrics. They had two methods 1) the specific boat if they have it in their specs or 2) based on general characteristics--type of boat, length, beam, etc. I bought the mid-range fabric and was happy with it.
Thanks for the recommendation! How much did that cost you? BPS wanted $570 for one that would fit my boat. I bought a generic cover from Sportco for about $90 to use an interim cover. It covers everything well and had plenty of straps to keep it in place. It just leaves a tiny bit uncovered right by the outboard but I don't think any boat cover would be able to cover that.

kodacachers
Lieutenant

Post by kodacachers » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:21 am

It was several years ago. I want to say $275? Under $300 for sure, but not much. The Sunbrella fabric was quite a bit more. I had a fish and ski (which was pretty much a ski boat hull) and it fit perfect except for not being reinforced around the trolling motor mounting plate. It too had many straps that go under the boat. Very sturdy when towing, but not so much if you want to put it on while mooring in the water.

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:23 am

kodacachers wrote:It was several years ago. I want to say $275? Under $300 for sure, but not much. The Sunbrella fabric was quite a bit more. I had a fish and ski (which was pretty much a ski boat hull) and it fit perfect except for not being reinforced around the trolling motor mounting plate. It too had many straps that go under the boat. Very sturdy when towing, but not so much if you want to put it on while mooring in the water.
Cool, thanks! I've found other covers online that will fit but still have yet to find a fully custom cover. Most were under $300 as well.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:32 am

kodacachers wrote:It was several years ago. I want to say $275? Under $300 for sure, but not much. The Sunbrella fabric was quite a bit more. I had a fish and ski (which was pretty much a ski boat hull) and it fit perfect except for not being reinforced around the trolling motor mounting plate. It too had many straps that go under the boat. Very sturdy when towing, but not so much if you want to put it on while mooring in the water.
Cool, thanks! I've found other covers online that will fit but still have yet to find a fully custom cover. Most were under $300 as well.
I doubt you'll find one off the shelf. If you want a custom cover, you need to have a custom cover made. Sunbrella or TopGun are the two fabrics you will be looking at, neither is cheap. My Custom cover is 10 years old and still working fine. You get what you pay for. For a boat that size, I would guess around a grand or a little more for a trailer-able cover.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Elijah.Loves.Fishin
Warrant Officer

Post by Elijah.Loves.Fishin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:44 am

Bodofish wrote:
I doubt you'll find one off the shelf. If you want a custom cover, you need to have a custom cover made. Sunbrella or TopGun are the two fabrics you will be looking at, neither is cheap. My Custom cover is 10 years old and still working fine. You get what you pay for. For a boat that size, I would guess around a grand or a little more for a trailer-able cover.
I won't need to spend anywhere near a grand on a cover. Worst case scenario it would be $570 to get one from BPS that is made specifically for my boat. The $90 covers fits surprisingly well and will do for just storing it outside.
Last edited by Elijah.Loves.Fishin on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Good luck, hope it works out for you.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!