Boat fuel tax refund.

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Boat fuel tax refund.

Post by Larry3215 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks guys. Hardly seems worth it for my use level. If I did manage to use 50 gallons, I'd get maybe $5 back - minus the cost of a stamp and envelope and then a trip to the bank to deposit the check plus my time.

Im still tempted to do it anyway just to protest....

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 am

Larry3215 wrote:Thanks guys. Hardly seems worth it for my use level. If I did manage to use 50 gallons, I'd get maybe $5 back - minus the cost of a stamp and envelope and then a trip to the bank to deposit the check plus my time.

Im still tempted to do it anyway just to protest....
I did it a couple times and defiantly raised my finger in the air when I picked up the check at the mail box. But I mainly go fishing now and don't burn 40 - 50 gals of fuel in an afternoon running up and down the river just for fun. And more often than not I drop the drifter in and have someone pick me up to go get the trailer. Rowing is so quiet and you see some of the damnedest things happening right on the shore as you drift by without a sound...... OK in anchored boats too.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:54 pm

LOL!

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:26 am

Bodofish wrote:Rowing is so quiet and you see some of the damnedest things happening right on the shore as you drift by without a sound...... OK in anchored boats too.
[laugh]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System