Stolen Boat, Tacoma

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Stolen Boat, Tacoma

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:51 am

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Braz ... 75072.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FOLLOW LINK FOR PICTURE

TACOMA, Wash. -- Tacoma Police are hoping to catch a pair of thieves who ripped off a fisherman's boat -- a boat used to raise money for local children's charities.

Josh Hamilton was still shocked a day after two thieves stole his $26,000 boat from his front yard in broad daylight.

"I think if my wife would have come home with the kids and seen these two guys hooking up my boat -- what would have happened?" he said.

This was no ordinary boat. About a half a dozen times a year, Hamilton would donate his time, boat and fishing skills to local charities helping children and schools, and raising thousands of dollars in the process.

"It gets kids out, introduces them to the environment, fishing and being outdoors," Hamilton said. "Not tapping on a flat screen all day."

Hamilton says the two thieves were on site for about 15 minutes pounding on the locked padlock, and stole his 19-foot jet sled with a new 150-horsepower motor. But even at 10 a.m., neighbors didn't see or hear anything.

Hamilton's home security system caught the theft on video and said the thieves were driving a white Chevy S10 with an extended cab and black rims.

The boat was located around 4 p.m. Friday afternoon in a field near homes on the Muckleshoot Reservation. The boat had been stripped and the motor is missing.

Hamilton has a charity trip scheduled for Saturday and hopes to have another boat in place so he doesn't have to cancel.

schu7498
Commander

Re: Stolen Boat, Tacoma

Post by schu7498 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:03 pm

from what I have heard there were multiple boat hulls found, many completely dismantled. It was an crime ring of natives doing this all over the puget sound. I have a feeling we will see a lot less stolen boats.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Anything actually substantiating that the criminals were natives? Or just that it was found on Muckleshoot res?
Just sayin'....

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 pm

Im not sure. But i chatted with a guy who got his boat stolen and it was found there too. And from what i heard from the guy they have a good idea who the culprits are.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:00 pm

schu7498 wrote:from what i heard from the guy they have a good idea who the culprits are.
Well, lets hope for a follow up story with some arrests.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Thieves are the second worst criminals.

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:24 pm

They already found the boat with the motor missing the same day it was stolen.

sinkerswim
Petty Officer

Post by sinkerswim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Friend works with a guy that had his aluminum boat stolen, only thing they found was the trailer........on the rez............

Been seeing a lot of reports like this lately. Let's face the facts, it's probably not some Amish crime mob dumping boats on the Rez to make the Natives look bad..........

Kaptain King
Petty Officer

Post by Kaptain King » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:24 am

That post just made me spit my water out in laughter at my office...I am now cleaning it up. :)
"For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."