Cost of trailer registration.

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
reelman
Warrant Officer

Cost of trailer registration.

Post by reelman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm knocking around the idea of getting a 12' to 14' aluminum with 9.9hp motor. The only cost should be the trailer. I've tried several times to find out how much it will cost to register and get plates here in Spokane, but I keep going in circles on the state website. Anyone have a good guess?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Cost of trailer registration.

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:46 pm

Cost me about $30 the other day. 18 foot boat and I don't know if a smaller lighter trailer will cost less. I don't waste time with their web site, I call a local licensing office.
Tom.

Interests: living

rusty
Petty Officer

Post by rusty » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm

I just licensed both by boat trailers. One for a 12' boat and one 17' boat. Both renewals cost $21.75 each....Hope this helps.

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:53 am

Rusty is right on the cost to register a trailer BUT they will also charge for the new plates in your name AND the taxes to keep our government happy....

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:12 am

Augwen wrote:Rusty is right on the cost to register a trailer BUT they will also charge for the new plates in your name AND the taxes to keep our government happy....
This is the WA DOL page with all the fees - http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/fees.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The registration fee is indeed $21.75 for trailers with a scale weight under 2000lbs, but $36.75 for trailers over 2000lbs. I pay the latter. [mad]

If you buy a trailer you will pay tax on the purchase price, a title transfer fee, a registration fee, and the sub-agent fee. You shouldn't have to pay a plate fee unless you're buying an out of state trailer, the plates were missing, or the plates on the trailer are more than 7 years old (I thought this was changed to 10 years, but still says 7 on the DOL website).
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount