Structure Scan HD

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
spindog
Commander

Structure Scan HD

Post by spindog » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:38 pm

The new Structure Scan, has more range and greater resolution. Its release coincides with the end of the sell-off
or the deals being offered on the original Structure Scan with the Lss-1.
The new generation Structure Scan HD, is coming soon!
Link
http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine ... reScan-HD/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cast first, worry later.

basser90
Warrant Officer

Re: Structure Scan HD

Post by basser90 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 am

As well as the new HDS-10 Gen 2 which from what I understand has the overlay for the LSS-1 Sructure Scan? I'm now looking at getting the HDS-10 Gen-2. Wishing they were on sale somewhere. They seem to be the same price as the HDS-10 still. Although Cabelas has a HDS-10 w/ Base map for 1,899. almost 400 bucks off. But the Stucture Scan overlay would be cool to have w/ the Gen-2. :-k

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:45 am

basser90 wrote:As well as the new HDS-10 Gen 2 which from what I understand has the overlay for the LSS-1 Sructure Scan? I'm now looking at getting the HDS-10 Gen-2. Wishing they were on sale somewhere. They seem to be the same price as the HDS-10 still. Although Cabelas has a HDS-10 w/ Base map for 1,899. almost 400 bucks off. But the Stucture Scan overlay would be cool to have w/ the Gen-2. :-k
The new Lss-2 Structure Scan HD can be used with both Generations of HDS.

All Gen2 HDS units have "structure map", which is the overlay. The new Structure Scan HD has the new Lss-2
transducer, which is larger giving you a wider scan area and better detail.
They sell the Lss-2 transducer by itself, making me wonder if it might work with the original Structure Scan add on.
The new "Structure Scan HD" black box,combined with the bigger transducer gives you the better detail
Link
http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine ... reScan-HD/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cast first, worry later.

basser90
Warrant Officer

Post by basser90 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 am

Thanks for the info. That would be nice if we could just get the new transducer for the LSS-2. I've got my 10 up front but need to replace my 5 at the console to complete the package I want. But like the LSS-2, the technology just keeps getting better.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 am

Look closely at the rebates, lots of vendors are making it look like you get a big rebate but its only on a few units and bundles that include an lss-1. Pre-orders are available but wont be available till they sell out the old ones. Im waiting patiently for the new one [cursing]

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:12 pm

edge540 wrote:Look closely at the rebates, lots of vendors are making it look like you get a big rebate but its only on a few units and bundles that include an lss-1. Pre-orders are available but wont be available till they sell out the old ones. Im waiting patiently for the new one [cursing]
Some of the bundles include the Lss-1 transducer only, within the bundle. You don't get the one that comes with
the unit alone. Read carefully.
Sneaky buggers!!
Cast first, worry later.

edge540
Commander

Post by edge540 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Yea they are, I was told by a shop in auburn that if I bought the hds8 from him I would get a $300 rebate from lowrance [-( I hope it was ignorance and not just trickery.

8theB8
Warrant Officer

Post by 8theB8 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Hey, here is a fantastic website for deals on marine electronics http://www.hodgesmarine.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, I've purchased my last 3 units through them with no issues! If you don't have to have the absolute latest thing you can save alot of money going 1-2 years old 'new in box', all warranties still apply as well as rebates!

B8.