Just bought a Canoe

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
lskiles
Commander

Just bought a Canoe

Post by lskiles » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:23 pm

Actually it is called a scanoe. Made by Coleman, it has a transom in the stern to accept a motor up to 5HP.
When I lived in California I had a real nice 12' double hulled home-made fiberglass jon boat...man, that was nice!
I do not know anything about canoes. Would it be a good idea to get a trolling motor? I do not know how to troll, but I could learn. I am planning to hit Lacamas/Round Saturday and Monday. I will finally get to fish somewhere beside the boat launch dock, Hurray! Any advise on where on Lacamas/Round to fish or anything I might need to know...

DH
Petty Officer

RE:Just bought a Canoe

Post by DH » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:04 pm

Nice. Yes a small electric motor would be nice, but paddling a canoe is easy. Please always wear a life jacket. These are safe but can tip. Keep your weight in the center. Step in and on the centerline and sit down. Always have a little water floating it before getting in or you my tip over. A wet foot saves a wet body. This is not as stable as a boat you can get in and shove off from shore. Have fun. DH