LONG LAKE BOAT RAMPS

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
wishniwasfishn
Petty Officer

LONG LAKE BOAT RAMPS

Post by wishniwasfishn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:39 am

I was wondering if you Long lake users could tell me the best ramp as close to Spokane to use to put my boat in at. I went Sunday launched at the first little ramp by the dam but dont like launching in the current like that because alot of the time it is only my wife and me and my boat is heavy enough she might not be able to handle it while I was parking or getting the truck back. Also I found out the hard way where not to be leaving that ramp (lucky no damage to the boat just the ego). We noticed a ramp at the state park but dont know if it is a public use or not. I appreciate any help you could give me, THANK YOU...Dennis

FishTank
Petty Officer

RE:LONG LAKE BOAT RAMPS

Post by FishTank » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:49 am

wishniwasfishn wrote:I was wondering if you Long lake users could tell me the best ramp as close to Spokane to use to put my boat in at. I went Sunday launched at the first little ramp by the dam but dont like launching in the current like that because alot of the time it is only my wife and me and my boat is heavy enough she might not be able to handle it while I was parking or getting the truck back. Also I found out the hard way where not to be leaving that ramp (lucky no damage to the boat just the ego). We noticed a ramp at the state park but dont know if it is a public use or not. I appreciate any help you could give me, THANK YOU...Dennis
You took off straight out from the ramp, eh??

I'm also interested in some ramp recommendations.
Donny - Software Engineer

It's time to catch bass and chew bubble gum, guys... and I'm all out of gum

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:23 pm

the 9 mile resort is public. Launch fee is $7 as well as the one you launched at. It's a busy launch so be ready to wait in line on the weekends. The other launch on the far end of the lake is blm and is free but it's a longer drive.

wishniwasfishn
Petty Officer

Post by wishniwasfishn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

i did pull the bonehead manuver and go out from the ramp thinking it would be deeper in the middle (thats what happens when i think) and ended up bumping a stump with the hull only luckily my prop missed it. i wont mind waiting at the 9 mile ramp, it appeared to be a nice facility from what we saw. Mossy i appreciate you letting us know about the resort launch i dont really feel the need to go back to the launch in the current. See you all out there...Dennis 17'center console Invader, stop by and say hi

ProHawk
Angler

Post by ProHawk » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah, that current can get exciting for the uninitiated!

Keep in mind that the launch that Mossy mentioned on the other end of the lake is currently closed. This launch is at the DNR campground and they currently do not have a host to open and maintain the area. This is really too bad because it's by far the best public launch facility at the lake and it's free.

I learned this by driving all the way out there at sunrise a couple of weeks ago...:scratch:

Mossy
Lieutenant

Post by Mossy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 pm

ProHawk wrote:Yeah, that current can get exciting for the uninitiated!

Keep in mind that the launch that Mossy mentioned on the other end of the lake is currently closed. This launch is at the DNR campground and they currently do not have a host to open and maintain the area. This is really too bad because it's by far the best public launch facility at the lake and it's free.

I learned this by driving all the way out there at sunrise a couple of weeks ago...:scratch:
that's too bad, it's a great launch.

wishniwasfishn
Petty Officer

Post by wishniwasfishn » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:11 pm

I think I will try the ramp at 9 mile resort it is close in and I think I can get out on the water with out running into any thing..LOL