Moving to Seattle Area....Boat recommendations

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Moving to Seattle Area....Boat recommendations

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:18 am

We have a 55# bow mount on ours and it works fine where/how we like to fish. We just finished a week long trip to Banks and ran the motor all day long trolling for walleyes and it worked great. Had to put the battery on a charger each night though.

Its not going to work as well if your trolling fast against a strong wind and/or current, but for normal days on lakes its fine. If the wind was too much we would just use the 9.9.

We debated going with an 80# but decided that two batteries was going to be too much trouble. Plus we decided to spend the extra $$ getting the PowerDrive V2 with the I-Pilot. The I-Pilot is the cats meow for hands off trolling or holding station. I highly recommend it.

Edit: I seem to be the master at double posting lately - sorry!

obryan214
Commander

Re: Moving to Seattle Area....Boat recommendations

Post by obryan214 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:59 pm

i have 2 boats for sale, both 14 ft that were used at Point Defiance for years, bot moored in the boathouse. one doesn't come ith a trailer. not sure on prices but the hi laker has a 2 stroke 25hp mercury, the classic 146 has a 20hp 4 stroke yamaha with power everything and a trailer.