MOTOR FOUND!!!!!!!!

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
P-FITZ98
Angler

MOTOR FOUND!!!!!!!!

Post by P-FITZ98 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Found on craigslist...my Mercury that was stolen almost a year ago...WOOOOHOOO.. I am very fortunate to get it back..irony is I just orderd a new one but canceled it. Saving grace was still having the reciept and broken peice of jack-screw that matched.I am very happy and looking forward to getting back on the water soon....what luck.....

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:MOTOR FOUND!!!!!!!!

Post by The Quadfather » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 pm

This story deserves to have its details told....... busts, cracked skulls, stakeouts, etc.:batman: :batman:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

spindog
Commander

Post by spindog » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 pm

Hey that is so cool! Was it the crook selling or a 3rd party? DETAILS?
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Congrats man, you don't hear a happy ending like that very often. What exactly happened to get it back? I hope whoever took it in the first place got what is coming to them. This country needs to do like some other countries and cut off a hand for stealing. I hate thieves.

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 pm

How did you manage that?

jbball50
Commander

Post by jbball50 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:01 pm

That's good that you found your motor, crazy that you were able to do it a year later. Too much of this happens. Some older guy I talked to at Spencer Lake a few weeks ago was telling my dad and I how one of the guys he knows was trying to sell him a motor for like 300 dollars, saying that he had 4 of them. Ended up finding out that the guy had stolen 4 motors from one of the Seattle marinas.

P-FITZ98
Angler

Post by P-FITZ98 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:41 pm

I just got lucky.Looked at craigslist Friday afternoon and there it was,pictures and all. I i.d. it as my motor,called and talked to the guy, and got it Saturday morning.I didnt say anything untill I physically saw it and showed the guy a broken peice of screw handle they broke stealing it, and had all the paperwork from when I bought it new.He bought it a few months ago(off craigslist!..for $650...real cheap for a newer 15hp 4stroke) and still had all of the sellers info, because he was weary about the deal.Hope the cops can track that low-life down, and I hope the buyer can get something out of it, other than buying stolen stuff and getting screwed.Cops told me lots of stuff on the internet is hot, so buyers beware.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm

That's nutty. I'm surprised the man was gracious enough to just give it back to you. From a thief to a saint. Right on.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:58 pm

wow but of luck there...CL is getting scarey theses days..
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

Blackmouth
Lieutenant

Post by Blackmouth » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:25 pm

P-FITZ98 wrote:.Cops told me lots of stuff on the internet is hot, so buyers beware.
Seems like everything on CL is stolen these days. Motors, Downriggers, fishfinders, are all big ticket boating/fishing items for crooks. Takes em a few seconds to remove and they can get a few hundred, or even thousand for em....

Glad to see you got your gear back. I'd love to see the cops catch the perp and stick his a$$ in jail for a few years...

Ditch Pickler
Lieutenant

Post by Ditch Pickler » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 pm

awesome story! I park my boat in my garage so no one can get to it w/o breaking into my house!
My only enemy is my inner me -Lupe Fiasco

You can take the angler out the Hood,but you can't take the Hood out the angler! -basstradamus