Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachm

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Larry3215
Admiral

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachm

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:28 pm

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2018/Kidde ... h-Reported

Not sure where to put this, but here you go.

Need to go out and check the boat tomorrow, but one inside my house is on the list.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachm

Post by Larry3215 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:31 pm

By the way, Kidde makes extinguishers for many other under different brand names, so almost any extinguisher could be it. Even if it doesnt say Kidde on the label, it could still be recalled.

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachm

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 pm

I finally got around to checking my extinguishers. Three of the five I have in my home and vehicles are on the recall list. Two of the ones I have are on the list, but when I entered the serial numbers, the website said they were NOt recalled. hmmmmm

The one on the boat is fine.

So, I will be getting 3 new free extinguishers in a couple of weeks or so. Glad I checked because one of them was discharged and needed replacing anyway.

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:54 pm

If you havent checked your extinguishers and sent in your replacement request, you might want to get on it. I got an email that all 3 of mine are back ordered - with no date for when they will have more . So I will have to wait.....