River Hawk Pro V 16?

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
ResQ
Commander

Re: River Hawk Pro V 16?

Post by ResQ » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 am

Well, fished the maiden voyage yesterday and it is fantastic! Major upgrade from the Lowe. Same size (only wider) but it felt much, MUCH larger on the water. Which is weird, because usually it is the opposite! And it is faster than the Lowe! Which again, is weird because it is the same motor, and the RH is heavier and wider. I think its the reverse chine on it. Planes faster and it does 27 MPH! (gps'd) Needless to say, I am very happy.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 am

WOW! It's even got a reverse chine.... Usually found in more expensive, larger boats.... or, I just hadn't noticed on other boats of this size. That'll get you on plane faster and assists with fuel economy. Very nice boat!
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

ResQ
Commander

Post by ResQ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:18 am

I would vouch for the reverse chine now. I wasnt sure about it before, but am a big fan now!

C-money
Angler

Post by C-money » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:38 am

Nice Boat!!
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

ResQ
Commander

Post by ResQ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks! I actually REALLY love it. I have had it out in some very snotty stuff at Riffe Lake. Anyone who knows Riffe can attest to the waves that push through there on very snotty days. As we pulled up to the launch, I watched about 30 boats leave without even launching. Even the larger 18-22 foot boats were coming in saying it was pretty bad. I went out there with 2 teenagers that really wanted to fish and have to say, we all felt very comfortable. Aside from the occasional wave crashing over the transom with lots of water, and waves hitting the side of the boat and water blowing completely over the sides lol. We fished until about 1 pm when everything calmed down and the lake went flat. Not bad considering we were on the water by 7 am! I even had a 24 foot deep walled boat come over to us to see what kind of boat we had and got a very nice compliment on looks and how she handled!