Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Ol' Girl gets a new Ol' Girl

Post by MarkFromSea » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:40 am

Toni wrote:Here is the YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATSau6lAQ8k
Awesome to see your project boat completed and out fishing! Congrats! Job well done! =D>
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Idstud
Lieutenant

Post by Idstud » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Nice, Glad to see your boat out on the water. Finally right? [biggrin] Awesome job Steve :salut: I would recommend getting some mini clips and I am partial to the scotty ones that Mike has mentioned. You can stuff the line all the way in and still with slight pressure pull it out. Watching the video I was nervous of rod snap age.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Idstud wrote:Nice, Glad to see your boat out on the water. Finally right? [biggrin] Awesome job Steve :salut: I would recommend getting some mini clips and I am partial to the scotty ones that Mike has mentioned. You can stuff the line all the way in and still with slight pressure pull it out. Watching the video I was nervous of rod snap age.
It is great to be in the boat. I know about mini clips I have used them. I have used big clips too. They all work when placed correctly.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 pm

There is still more...Ol' Girl Topless
Next week she will have a top!
Attachments
Topless Ol' Girl re.jpg
Topless Ol' Girl re.jpg (94.95 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Steve Ericsson
Petty Officer

Post by Steve Ericsson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:24 pm

eat-sleep-fish wrote:First blood and slime, YEAH! Looks very comfy to fish out of and I love what you did with the downriggers on those posts, genius! Fish box is great to, whole setup is nicely laid out. Congrats, ready for when the silvers hit the sound.

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. The post mount downrigger mounts were the only thing I could come up with to mount these big Scotty's since the gunnels/sides of this boat are really quite flimsy. The posts take the weight and the pins on the sides only serve to stabilize side to side movement, they are quite sturdy - no movement. If the need ever arises, a hold could be drilled through the bases and posts and a locking pin inserted. I had planned on doing this, however they are so secure I felt it wasn't necessary. The nice thing about this design is that if she ever wants to take the boat out for a fun day with the grandkids tubing and such, pull the side pins and the entire mount lifts out of the boat and the only thing left is the post mounts and s small bracket on the sides. Easy and clean.

Fish box was Toni's idea, I just placed it between the seats like mine is to keep the deck as clear as possible. That fish box is a big reason for the length of time it took to build out the floor, it wasn't easy to do! This little boat is very sturdy now, it should last her for a few more decades!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Ol' Girl has a top. Amazing what he did so I could still use the down riggers.
Ol Girl in backyard.jpg
BEFORE
Ol Girl in backyard.jpg (95.94 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
After top.jpg
After top.jpg (87.94 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
boat top 10.jpg
boat top 10.jpg (84.93 KiB) Viewed 2769 times

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:23 pm

MORE
Attachments
side 2.jpg
side 2.jpg (75.35 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
forward 7.jpg
forward 7.jpg (71.34 KiB) Viewed 2768 times
close 8.jpg
close 8.jpg (89.96 KiB) Viewed 2768 times

Steve Ericsson
Petty Officer

Post by Steve Ericsson » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:58 pm

I see something snapped under the center winndshield, is that a wind blocker?

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:00 pm

If that means a piece across the walk way (pass thru) then yes. No air comes in that way.

Steve Ericsson
Petty Officer

Post by Steve Ericsson » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:22 am

Perfect for cold mornings!

Steve Ericsson
Petty Officer

Post by Steve Ericsson » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:21 am

The kid does good work, Fred!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Scott took these pictures of Ol' Girl across the water today. I think it is the first time I have seen her like this. On the water with me and pinkpole in her.
1 Boat on the water 10-4.jpg
1 Boat on the water 10-4.jpg (92.52 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
1 boat on water 10-4.jpg
1 boat on water 10-4.jpg (109.28 KiB) Viewed 2582 times
I asked Steve what he did to it.
It calls out to me from the driveway "we need to go fishing, we need to go fishing."
But Steve says I trained it and therefore created that monster.
Something special about her...look at the picture where there is a glow. :-({|= [/color] [biggrin]
1 boat on American 10-4.jpg
1 boat on American 10-4.jpg (86.18 KiB) Viewed 2582 times

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:33 pm

WooHoo!!! She looks good out there on the water with you two in her. Hope you are having lots of fun catching lots of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Rosann G wrote:WooHoo!!! She looks good out there on the water with you two in her. Hope you are having lots of fun catching lots of fish.
Rosann I am having fun. I didn't get a fish in the boat today but pinkpole did. A Trout.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Post by cobrar543 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:02 pm

I have owned one. More fun for the cost then Adults should be allowed to have LOL