Is repairing wise?

Talk about your boats, trailers, and boating specific topics here. Sponsored by Life Proof Boats.
Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Is repairing wise?

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Hey guys i got an "old" 74 livingston from a friend and i used it well for a season but now it has a few 2" to 3" holes on the runners is it wise to try and repair the glass. its pretty brittle with age lol i did the quote cause i was born in 74 haha .. im feelin brittle too, but anywho should i get the repair kits and stuff or just buy a used off Craigs or somehting? Feed back appreciated in advance thanks.... fish on!

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:Is repairing wise?

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:20 am

First, let me welcome you to WL.com:cheers:

:-k Hmmm......33 year old Livingston with holes. This brings a vision to mind that I have seen many times, an upside down Livingston boat in a backyard baking in the sun, year after year. The sun has a wonderful way of causing fiberglass to deteriorate.
So, not seeing the boat, I would suggest looking for a replacement like an aluminum. If you say that it is getting brittle, I wouldn't get in it, let alone put my family in it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Ty mark for the input i have thought about that as well.. hehe no family just a guy tryin to get some din din the easy way :) Fish On thanks alot tho.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:54 pm

Very cheap on CL if you know what to look for. I have seen some for below $200. That's what I'd suggest.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Yep I've seen some good lookin Livingstons for about $125 that would do the trick and would save you time and money for repairing...It's up to you though.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:05 pm

o.k. well thanks for the advice .. now the harder part anyone interested in a """slightly""" used boat! hahah jk