I am a blessed man!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Rob G.
Warrant Officer

I am a blessed man!

Post by Rob G. » Thu May 20, 2010 4:56 pm

I got a call from a friend's wife who asked me to help organize a surprise fishing trip/mancation for her hubby's b day! She wants to get US (notice I said us) an overnight guided fishing trip....so let the suggestions pour in! I'm thinking salmon, but not limmiting myself...I mean not limmiting OURSELVES...my hommie went on a fly fishing excursion on the Dechutes and like that also. We need to do it on the weekend of June 12th...so help me out folks! What should WE do...bwahaha...muhahaha!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:I am a blessed man!

Post by Toni » Thu May 20, 2010 4:58 pm

How much $dollars?
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't want to say unlimited, but I figured an all day guide session on the columbia is about $150-175 per angler...and I can take care of the accomodations...I'm just wondering if anyone has had good experiences with a particular guide. We could do the salt as well, as long as we're baggin' big fish!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

I'd check out the Sponsor of this Forum - Rogue Wilderness Adventures.
Other than that, a charter out of Westport won't disappoint.

That is an awesome opportunity. I know your buddy is going to enjoy your decision. Expecially how much it appears your thinking about it

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Thu May 20, 2010 6:49 pm

Rogue Wilderness Adventures are more than $350.00 aren't they?

I like the river guide Phil Stephens of Mystical Legends Guide Service. Mystical Lengends. But he has spent the last 6 weeks chasing Springers at Drano Lake. He is finishing up down there now. He will be back up here by that June date. Very good guide!
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu May 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Sturgeon on the Columbia is always good that time of year.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Thu May 20, 2010 10:49 pm

What's up Rob? How have you been? I don't know the prices or the season, but dude, go for some tuna. Anyway, that's what I would try. I reckon it would be the trip of a life time. I can already see the sushi and sashimi. :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 20, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tobeka
Angler

Post by tobeka » Fri May 21, 2010 1:59 am

I'll second Phil Stephens of Mystical Legends Guide Service. He took me, my friend and my daughter (at the time 12 years old) and was very professional, helpful and knowledgable.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri May 21, 2010 5:58 am

I'd try a place like Hikai Lodge in southern Ak.In June youll have a great chance for large kings and halibut.Even the upper Vancouver Island area has nice lodges.You get great fishing with way better limit ammts,plus fantastic scenery.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Fri May 21, 2010 5:14 pm

TUNA!
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sat May 22, 2010 9:25 am

http://www.tofinolodge.com/ This might be a fun trip!

Here is the schedule: Salmon Fishing in Tofino, BC May thru September

By this time of year the Seas calm down enough that our charter fleet can comfortably and safely get offshore to our legendary baitfish rich banks to troll for migratory Chinook (King) Salmon from 15 – 50 lbs and powerful halibut.Our area receives wave after wave of Chinook Salmon heading for their natal rivers hundreds to a thousand miles away on our offshore banks thru the end of September with Coho (Silver) Salmon arriving in our area usually around the end of June and running thru the end of October.

Halibut Fishing in Tofino, BC

Our Tofino Halibut fishing charters begin in March as these migrating bottom hugging Flounders come onto our baitfish rich offshore banks from the deep abyss of the Pacific Ocean and some times wander into our protected inlets, following the same returning spawning Herring that the Salmon follow.

We welcome Spring as the ocean calms and we can comfortably access the offshore banks where the majority of Halibut congregate to gorge themselves on the ever bountiful baitfish that lives there.In our area these Halibut average around 25 lbs with 50 lb fish not uncommon and fish over 200 lbs have come from our waters. These Flounders continue to roam the offshore banks until Fall when they drop back to their winter grounds on the bottom in 1000 ft + of water, well out of reach until Spring.

To catch these Flounders on our Tofino fishing charters we sometimes troll with downriggers for them but usually we use drift fishing techniques where we bounce a variety of artificial or fresh baits such as Herring, Anchovy, Squid, Octopus and Salmon chunks or use lead jigging lures along the underwater slopes where these fish situate themselves to feed. We can also access underwater rock pinnacles closer to shore to jig for Rockfish,Snappers and Lingcod with the occasional surprise Halibut. After catching your limit of Halibut you can switch over to trolling for Salmon for an excellent all day Combo Trip!

PACKAGE #2: 16 HR, 2 days / 3 nights

•3 nights accommodations at our lodge with breakfast
•2–8 hr all inclusive fishing trips
•box lunches on boat
•shaved ice for fish packing
2 persons 3 persons 4 persons
$1100 $850 $750