2010 trout stocking?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishin masta
Warrant Officer

2010 trout stocking?

Post by fishin masta » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:18 pm

anyone know of a website or where to find the trout stocking plan for this year?
Today she met me at the door, said I would have to choose, if I picked up that fishing rod today, she'd be packing all her things and she'd be gone by noon....well I'm gonna miss her when I get home

fishslayer80
Petty Officer

RE:2010 trout stocking?

Post by fishslayer80 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:08 am

That site will not list private stocking from places like Offut, American, Tanwax, etc., and I don't think you can find that info out other than by calling or visiting the place that does the stocking.
Lee

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 am

bionic_one wrote:That site will not list private stocking from places like Offut, American, Tanwax, etc., and I don't think you can find that info out other than by calling or visiting the place that does the stocking.
Bionic, What do you mean by private stocking? I guess at Offut you are talking about the people from the resort that raise cutts. in pens at the dock. The other lakes you mentioned (American) do they have some kind of similar private program?
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

bionic_one
Captain

Post by bionic_one » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 am

Yes, commercial outfits release trout into those lakes. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I KNOW have them.

Tanwax releases 18,000 annually

As for Bill's Boat House, I've heard rumors about them doing private stocking, I've caught fish that definitely appeared to be stocked (parts of fins bitten off), and there are plenty of trout on this highly fished lake, with no stocking from the state in a long time. So.... Since I had no actual proof, I called them. They release 6000, 1lb trout annually. Right now they are releasing 1000 per week.

And you know about Offut's Cutts already.
Lee

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 am

Http://www.wdfw.wa.gov Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Rob G.
Warrant Officer

Post by Rob G. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Has anyone noticed a decrease in King County plants?

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 pm

The spring stocking plan is not out yet.
I don't know why they wait so long, we should be able to atleast find out which lakes were planted with fry two years ago by now.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm

Jake Dogfish wrote:The spring stocking plan is not out yet.
I don't know why they wait so long, we should be able to atleast find out which lakes were planted with fry two years ago by now.
It's out. http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/plants/weekly/

On the links section at the top of the forum.... where it says 2009 stocking report.... that just needs to be updated by Mike to read 2010 report.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm

I watched trout lake get stocked today. Caught and released a few on a crappie jig
Then went and got my son to catch his first trout ever he will be two in April. Great feeling to help him reel it in.
Anthony
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... EO0054.mp4
if everyday was a good day there would be alot more fisherman.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

The Quadfather wrote:
Jake Dogfish wrote:The spring stocking plan is not out yet.
It's out. http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/plants/weekly/

On the links section at the top of the forum.... where it says 2009 stocking report.... that just needs to be updated by Mike to read 2010 report.
I only see the 2009 stocking plan and the weekly reports on that page.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Looks like it works for me????????
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

tnj8222 wrote:I watched trout lake get stocked today. Caught and released a few on a crappie jig
Then went and got my son to catch his first trout ever he will be two in April. Great feeling to help him reel it in.
Congrats,thats what its all about! This is just the start, you'll have to get him his own stockpile of gear.
Actually,now that I think of it... I have a few of the snoopie rods around that are collecting dust,give me a hollar
if you want one.

Tanwax-Rainbow Resort released a thousand rainbows a few weeks ago and are planning on releasing many more
in the near future. Can't fish it yet but I was cruising back from Harts and stopped by the resort for some bs'n.
They saw my son and handed us a large cup of hatchery food,we ended up watching the trout go crazy in the pens,very cool for a 3 year old.....hell,it was cool for me.
Not to long now until I can hit up the Tanwax crappie:fish:

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 am

Ill try again.
Here is a link to WDFW Catchable Trout Plant Weekly reports: http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/plants/weekly/
Each report shows fish stocked over the past week, as well as year to date totals. They come out on thursdays around mid day every week, all year long.

In the upper left hand corner of that same page it says "download spring 2009 hatchery trout stocking plan". Each spring the state puts out a plan for which lakes will be planted for the remainder of year. It shows scheduled catchable trout plants and Triploid plants for lakes and streams. It also shows Kokanee Fry that were planted two years ago as well as Trout fry for alpine and some lowland lakes.
The 2010 version of this stocking plan is not out yet, but should show up any day now.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 am

Jake I know what you're talking about you're not going crazy. They aren't telling us what they are GOING to stock, only what they have already stocked. usually they tell us what lake will receive what in advance and what month the stocking starts in.

Jake Dogfish
Commander

Post by Jake Dogfish » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 pm

LOL! Thanks Dustin. I was looking all over. I thought maybe I entered into an alternate universe or something:)

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 am

Rob G. wrote:Has anyone noticed a decrease in King County plants?
Decrease is across the board due to budget cuts. I'm just glad they are continuing to stock the lakes. Could get down to selective lake stocking, bi-yearly or minimal plants if the state doesn't get something figured out.

On that note, Kitsap County lakes are starting to get stocked. Ones I personally know of for sure as of today are Kitsap (last monday) and Island (monday).

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:45 am

you never know. if that happens they could always 'gift' properties and lakes to the local city or county to maintain. sometimes (SOMETIMES) that works out better as it's easier for a city to maintain, stock, and care for one property than a large entity to care for 2,500 lakes + rivers + salt. When they were talking about mothballing a bunch of parks last year I was really hoping the local governments would bring them into their own parks systems to keep them open.

kdmiller8251
Petty Officer

Post by kdmiller8251 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Wow, seems like they are stocking early. I recall last year when they stocked Lake Mcmurray in Skagit County it was Combat Fishing. Good to see that they did this early. I wonder how it will effect the fish population?

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:47 pm

Looks like Wapato isn't getting any this year. Sad day.