Tackle Box Bag???

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Jordan
Lieutenant

Tackle Box Bag???

Post by Jordan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:30 pm

I have 3 of the Bass Pro Shops brand 370 size clear plastic boxes.... anyone know of a bag that about 5 of these size boxes can fit into that isn't super fancy but durable to carry around? thanks

Jordan
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

spindog
Commander

RE:Tackle Box Bag???

Post by spindog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 am

Jordan wrote:I have 3 of the Bass Pro Shops brand 370 size clear plastic boxes.... anyone know of a bag that about 5 of these size boxes can fit into that isn't super fancy but durable to carry around? thanks

Jordan
Ive got a "Tackle Logic" system, where you keep a combination of 3700 boxes and custum zip pouches in a carry
bag. I would try to google "Tackle Logic Bag", and see where it takes you. You could also custom search on both
Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops for tackle bags.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cast first, worry later.

tomm454
Petty Officer

Post by tomm454 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:20 am

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 am

I have 2 of these in the large size and really like them. :)
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 am

I am the 1st to admit I am cheap, but I go to Goodwill and get old backpacks and such. They are super cheap and if one gets too gross, toss it and get another one. The best one I have found so far is an IBM laptop backpack I got for 50 cents. I just ripped all the padding out of it and since it was designed for the shape of a laptop, it works great for the clear plastic boxes.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:I am the 1st to admit I am cheap, but I go to Goodwill and get old backpacks and such. They are super cheap and if one gets too gross, toss it and get another one. The best one I have found so far is an IBM laptop backpack I got for 50 cents. I just ripped all the padding out of it and since it was designed for the shape of a laptop, it works great for the clear plastic boxes.
He hehehehe...... Love it! If I was walking in t o the lake or river I'd be all over it. As it is I have to travel light when walking so I pick my gear and use my chest / back pack. Very comfy and it puts a table at hand level for re-baits and ties when you're standing there.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 am

hewesfisher wrote:I have 2 of these in the large size and really like them. :)
Great for the boat! They had (normal impulse item at the front door) them on sale at the front door on a couple trips........ I think I paid like $9.99 on one trip and $12.99 on another. Just the right size for segregating salt, lake, river, trout, wally.......
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:38 pm

thanks for all the help! I appreciate it! but do you know of any bags that specifically hold the 370 size boxes from Basspro?
Ozzie

<><

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Jordan wrote:thanks for all the help! I appreciate it! but do you know of any bags that specifically hold the 370 size boxes from Basspro?
Those are also know as 3700 size for the plano and cabelas. Lots of bags fit them, very common. google is your friend.

The super magnum size will fit the 3700.

bags for 370/3700
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Jordan wrote:thanks for all the help! I appreciate it! but do you know of any bags that specifically hold the 370 size boxes from Basspro?
yes I do!. just send them to me and i will show you what bag they will fit in.:-"

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks guys! All that is greatly appreciated!!!
Ozzie

<><

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Bass Pro makes their own bags that fit the 3700 size boxes. they're pretty affordable compared to other tackle bags and pretty durable too. they should be having their big spring sale in March and those bags usually go on sale.

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:33 am

Thank you!!!
Ozzie

<><

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm

The Magnum and Super Magnum versions of the ones I posted a link to are designed for the 3700 size boxes. :)
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:25 pm

hewesfisher wrote:
The Magnum and Super Magnum versions of the ones I posted a link to are designed for the 3700 size boxes. :)
Thank you!!! I was deciding between those and the Pro Guide 3700 bag... think I am going to get the Pro Guide one... looks perfect for me! :cheers:
Ozzie

<><

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:04 pm

If you're still looking as i predicted the Bass Pro bags went on sale this week. i think the 3700 model is $30 now.