Has anybody done the Mar Don dock tournament before?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
spokey9
Captain

Has anybody done the Mar Don dock tournament before?

Post by spokey9 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:20 am

Never fished the lake before and a dock tourney sounds cool ( i'm weird i'd rather fish a good dock than a hot hole in a boat) but don't know much bout the resort or the lake except what i've read in magazines. Jus curious if it's something fun to be a part of.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

dilbert
Captain

RE:Has anybody done the Mar Don dock tournament before?

Post by dilbert » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 am

Have they fixed the dock yet? It was in about 5 or 6 random floating pieces when I saw it in May. That lake got ravished by storms over the winter.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

mav186
Commander

Post by mav186 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:44 am

Mar Don will have a brand new dock this year for the derby. They had to replace it due to the winter damage and should be much nicer than the old one. FYI...the State Park still did not have their replacment dock system up as of a few weeks ago, their dock system was devestated as well last winter. As far as the derby goes...I've never attended it myself, however from all accounts I've heard...ITS A BLAST! People will stay up all night together fishing and having a great time. Fun for the kids and adults with prizes galore! Let us know if you go.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 am

The dock tournament is a blast. I enter every year. The dock at Mar Don is supposed to be up and running. When I talked to them last they said there was going to be a limit on the number of entrees this year. The new dock will be smaller than the old dock, so they have to put a cap on the number of people in the tourney.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 am

Yup ..It is a blast. Mar-Don is a great place. I havent done it for 2 years now but its a hoot. Go enjoy it.Good comradery.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:22 am

Sounds like im gonna have to go. I take a trip someplace new round that time anyway to celebrate my birthday, and it's something my girlfriend will probly enjoy. Thanks guys
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

jens
Commodore

Post by jens » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:20 pm

My son and I plan on making this a "must do" before years end. This is our favorite place to fish. The payout is a bonus too. Maybe we can get some folks together and get a few tent sites? I ran into BB and BF last summer here, and met some real nice folks we camped next to and fished with. Good times.
Here is the website to MarDon's
http://www.mardonresort.com/index.html
:cheers: :bounce: :bounce:
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One more......."