How do I fly fish? I'm a beginner. Any help would be great!

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
garret1990
Petty Officer

How do I fly fish? I'm a beginner. Any help would be great!

Post by garret1990 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:02 pm

I am new to fly fishing. I want to fly fish out here in Black Lake in Thurston county but the problem is that I'm not sure how to fly fish at a lake also since I can't see any visible fish. Thank you for all advice.

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:How do I fly fish? I'm a beginner. Any help would be great!

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun May 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Black Lake will be a hot spot for every speed boat around for the rest of the year#-o I would check out Offut lake there are great fly fishing conditions and plenty of NICE fish to be had:-" I would also check out Munn..

First off what kind of line are you using (sinking or floating) But I would use a leech or bugger pattern in black or olive.. Another thing is are you in a boat or a tube???
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Anglinarcher
Admiral

RE:How do I fly fish? I'm a beginner. Any help would be great!

Post by Anglinarcher » Tue May 19, 2009 1:03 pm

Also, check out and repost in the fly fishing forum. Fly fishing is a great challenge, and a lot of fun, and the guys in that forum will help you out.

I'd point you in the right direction, but I don't know your waters.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.