bank fishing in pierce county?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
AceSR
Angler

bank fishing in pierce county?

Post by AceSR » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:28 am

Well i dont own a boat so im kind of limited in washington considering all the lakes around here are surrounded with houses lol

So i was just wondering if anyone knew of some good lakes around that have good bank access ive been to spanaway, american, lewis, washington, and a couple others but im looking for a lake i can actually walk around not just a single dock or a single opening on one side of the lake :P

Any help would be great, thanks yall

fishaholictaz
Admiral

RE:bank fishing in pierce county?

Post by fishaholictaz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:09 am

There are also places to rent boats. I would head Thurston Co. outside Olympia and try Offut they rent electric motor boats they are $30 for four hours. You can also get row boats for $10. They also have pontoons if a few buddies want to pitch in or u are taking a family. I don't know of many lakes up there or anywhere on the west side that is why I went and got boats from Offut.

PS
I talked to my friend and the bass/trout are biting out there.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

AceSR
Angler

Post by AceSR » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Well i went to silver lake, alder and mineral but all suck at bank fishing lol or were to crazy crowded anyone know of some lakes within 50 miles of ft lewis that have open .... not just boat launch fishing spots? lol sorry im from idaho and lakes around there are all open and arent surrounded by houses so you could see why i am upset hahah but on the plus side i did hear someone pulled a 10 pound trout out of mineral lake on the day of the derby there an won

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 pm

AceSR wrote:Well i went to silver lake, alder and mineral but all suck at bank fishing lol or were to crazy crowded anyone know of some lakes within 50 miles of ft lewis that have open .... not just boat launch fishing spots? lol sorry im from idaho and lakes around there are all open and arent surrounded by houses so you could see why i am upset hahah but on the plus side i did hear someone pulled a 10 pound trout out of mineral lake on the day of the derby there an won
A 10= lb fish always wins Minerals derby:-" Look at Mc Intosh it has a bit of bank access if Offut isn't up your ally.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket