Sprague Boat Launch?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Kyle3233
Angler

Sprague Boat Launch?

Post by Kyle3233 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm heading out to Sprague lake on Monday the 6th of April. I have never fished this lake before. I hear there are a few different boat launches there. Which one is the best to launch, thanks in advance. Fish on.........
"Take your kids fishing, they are the next generation of fishermen/women and you will make wonderful childhood memories"

kutthroatkilla
Commander

RE:Sprague Boat Launch?

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Sprague Lake Resort is up there on the northeast end of the lake. They have good amentities. Have fun, throw back some cold one's for the boys at war while you're at it. Good luck my man.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 am

If you're launching a boat of any size I'd go with the resort as well. They have a dock which will make loading/unload people and equipment much easier and reduce the chances of getting wet.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Gisteppo
Commodore

Post by Gisteppo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:10 am

while the dock is nice, beware the ramp. It has a wicked dropoff at the edge of the concrete that can play havoc on trailers more than 16'

E

Kyle3233
Angler

Post by Kyle3233 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Sounds good, thanks for the info guys, happy fishing...
"Take your kids fishing, they are the next generation of fishermen/women and you will make wonderful childhood memories"

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Note that there are 4 ramps on Sprague. The state ramp is on the South West end. This time of year it is just fine for offloading a boat, but there is no dock. As the water drops into late summer, it gets tough to say the least. This is the only free launch.

There is a ramp at 4 Seasons Resort, located on the North West side, and they have camping, a little store, and over all it is pretty good. The ramp is narrow, but it is the deepest on the lake. In late summer, especially in a drought year, this may be the only option.

The third ramp is the one mentioned by kutthroatkilla. I have not launched there, so Aaron and Gisteppo are more informative then I am on this one.

The forth ramp is located directly across the bay from the Sprague Lake Resort. It is pretty good for launching, but again no dock. There is a fee to park and launch here.

The only two launches with docks are the Sprague and 4 Seasons Resorts.

Watch out for underwater hazards. If you have not been on the lake before, bring an extra prop or two or three. If not, stay on the West End of this lake. 4 Seasons has a nice map of the obstructions, but it is not very accurate and lacks detail. Be careful, be very careful.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

DougShields.com
Petty Officer

Post by DougShields.com » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:08 am

I live in Sprague and have fished the lake for over 40 years. My favorite launch is Four Seasons. "Anglinarcher" had a good summary about our launches. Great information is also available at Four Seasons. If you have questions about anything for fishing the lake when launching at Four Seasons, ask them. Best launch, little store for tackle that works and food and snacks! www.fourseasonscampground.com/