Best Lake in Snohomish County

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Best Lake in Snohomish County

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:22 pm

I posted earlier about having interest in swinging by Shoecraft or Goodwin, but out of all the lakes in that region (Snohomish county), what do you think would be my best bet for some early season trout?

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:Best Lake in Snohomish County

Post by swedefish4life1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Truth in general other then Alaska, Idaho remote some BC waters and Montana, Yakima River gave up on trousters 20 years ago FOR MUCH SPORTFISHING GAMES:cheers: in general but still put kids on them.
Still press Ruffy Roids a few times a years :colors:

I would hit Island county for the opener and pound Erie , Heart:-$ and more I have taken 100's of trout out of the Island county lakes.

Goodwin is better trout only in general but bigger waters as well?
Choices:cyclopsan
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 pm

qwerfdsa12345 wrote:I posted earlier about having interest in swinging by Shoecraft or Goodwin, but out of all the lakes in that region (Snohomish county), what do you think would be my best bet for some early season trout?
Oh, what a chance for a plug. :bball:

Premium Members can generate reports from this web sites database to answer that exact question. Otherwise, you'll have to dig through the reports to get a sense of which ones fish best.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Lake Riley...shhhh :-$ :-$
You will find enforcement there...but always big fish.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Really?

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 pm

qwerfdsa12345 wrote:Really?
Look at the reports for that lake. It's truly an amazing place...

Also, Lake Margaret is stellar, too. Never, ever dissapoints.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

Dave
Commodore

Post by Dave » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:06 am

Lake Cassidy received 6000 planted rainbow on 03-23-09. It is open year round. I would suggest a trip there. Also, for shore fishing or from a small boat or float tube, you can go to Gissberg ponds in Marysville. I fished the south adult pond last weekend and caught 10 very small trout in 2 hours, all but one released. I was tossing a white rooster tail spinner. Just a few options for you for right now. I also heard they will be stocking Blackman's lake in Snohomish but that is a zoo of a fishery after a plant meaning there will be lots of folks there, kinda like combat fishing. After the lakes open, Lake Ki in warm beach is good but give it a week so the crowd decreases.

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:32 pm

Is Lake Riley year round?

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:56 pm

Lake Stevens has TONS of big trout but they can be difficult to find. During summer months, ski boat traffic is a royal pain and the boat launches are always busy... #-o

Trout fishing @ Cassidy is pretty good in the spring but tapers off dramatically after May.

Flowing Lake is another good option, but like Stevens, ski boats are plentiful during the summer. I almost got swamped by one a couple of years ago. :thumbdown
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:27 pm

What about Blackman's?

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:41 pm

qwerfdsa12345 wrote:What about Blackman's?
Blackman's is OK if you like soaking powerbait and catching little planters. It has some decent-sized bass but they are few and far between.

The lake is relatively small and completely surrounded by houses. As a result, it's not very scenic, there's lots of slimy moss everywhere, and swimming is not recommended due to "swimmers itch". :pale:

If you'd rather avoid larger lakes like Stevens & Roesiger, Cassidy and Storm are much better options IMHO.
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Have you seen the reporst? Several people caught trout in the 23 inch 5-6 pound range. Do you think it's going to be a zoo?

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Have you seen the reports? Several people caught trout in the 23 inch 5-6 pound range. Do you think it's going to be a zoo?

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:59 pm

qwerfdsa12345 wrote:Have you seen the reporst? Several people caught trout in the 23 inch 5-6 pound range. Do you think it's going to be a zoo?
Sounds like they stocked triploids recently. It may be worth the effort, but the lake will be crowded. The small dock by the boat launched will be packed. (That's the spot where they stock.)
Fishing from a boat is probably the best bet. Most of the fish will be near the boat launch and close to the surface. Trolling wedding rings or woolly buggers should be effective.
I generally don't go after stockers because catching them isn't much of a challenge. It boils down to whoever gets there first.
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

qwerfdsa12345
Petty Officer

Post by qwerfdsa12345 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:05 pm

How much weight do you usually add for stockers? Would one split shot about 24" above the lure do it?

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:55 pm

qwerfdsa12345 wrote:How much weight do you usually add for stockers? Would one split shot about 24" above the lure do it?
When trolling woolly buggers or wedding rings, I don't add any weight because the stockers will stay close to the surface for several weeks after being dumped into the lake. Hatcheries use pellets, so the fish expect food to fall from the sky. First come, first serve. That's why recently-stocked fish are known for hitting just about anything. If they hesitate during feeding time at the hatchery, another fish will grab the food.
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

TrollingJones13
Angler

Post by TrollingJones13 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:44 am

I would recommend lake Ki. Its a great lake that produces some nice rainbows once the lake opens in late April. Its a smaller lake that is surrounded by a few houses, but fishing the eastern edge of the lake will produce many fish. Every time i have fished it I have caught fish and there are a few big ones there. Not sure about bass or other species but rainbows are definitely plentiful in lake Ki.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:20 am

Mike Carey wrote:Premium Members can generate reports from this web sites database to answer that exact question.
This feature works great, my only issue is if you want to know the most popular lure color for you lake. Unfortunatley, I dont have any "Other" colored lures. #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.