question about waughop lake...

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
johnson2k6
Angler

question about waughop lake...

Post by johnson2k6 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:20 pm

i had a buddy tell me this lake was contaminated with something and not to eat the fish, so i called city hall and they referred me to parks and rec, they said not to eat the fish due to excessive algae in the lake, but i read that this lake was recently stocked in like april, any truth to this? i caught a decent size bullhead but wasnt sure of the whole contamination thing, it seems like its the only place i can catch anything... thanks for any help

AaronE
Commander

RE:question about waughop lake...

Post by AaronE » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:32 am

I fished Waughop about a month ago and the green algae is all over the lake. I didn't see much of anything getting caught that day, heard it's been very slow there. If it was stocked in April it's mostly fished out by now - that place gets lots of fishing pressure and is open 24x7, so it's pounded pretty hard.

As for eating what you catch, I dunno. If the state recommends you not eat it, I'd listen to them.
Puget Sound Float Tube Club
http://www.psftc.com
=====================
2010 Bass: 2
2009 Bass: 80
Year's Best: 2# 3oz
WA Best: 6# 4oz
PB: 12# 7oz (GA)