Lake Washington smallies vs small Nitro bassboat

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
cajunlat
Angler

Lake Washington smallies vs small Nitro bassboat

Post by cajunlat » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:06 am

Thinking about going out to Lake Washington or Friday or Saturday for some smallmouth fishing. Was going to launch from coulon park. I have 2 issues I could use help with.

1. I have a Nitro NX750 (17.5' long, 86" beam). Is this boat big enough to handle Lake Washington?

2. Never been to Lake Washington. Any advice on lures, location, patterns, etc.........

Thanks,

cajunlat

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Lake Washington smallies vs small Nitro bassboat

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:57 am

17.5' 86" beam.... no problemo!
Your user name is cajunlat? Are you from Louisianna?
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

cajunlat
Angler

Post by cajunlat » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35 am

Born and raised. Been in Navy for the last 15 years. Been in WA since 2004.
Bass boat bothers me because it is so low to the water.

Mud Duck
Petty Officer

Post by Mud Duck » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:09 pm

Your boat would be have no problem in the Lake Wash as I use a 14ft Aluminum to bass fish in there. Only one thing to let you know ahead of time before you show up at the Coulon boat launch-- the city of Renton boat launch fee may shock you as it does to non-Renton residents who launch they're boat there.....

Coulon Boat launch fee-
Combined boat launch and tow vehicle parking are as follows:
Day use expires at midnight on the day of purchase. Twenty-four hour (24) use expires at midnight the day following the purchase.
Day Use: Resident $8/Non-residents $16
24 Hour Use: Residents $10/Non-residents $20
Resident Passes:
Residents must obtain and display a Renton Resident Pass when paying resident rates. Passes may be obtained free of charge at the Renton Community Center. Proof of Renton residency, as well as tow vehicle and trailer registration, are required.

Renton non-resident $16.00,or you can launch in one of the Seattle boat launches for $6.00, or Mercer Island for $7.00.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:07 pm

I have a 17.5' tracker, I'm not sure about my beam but it's probably less than 86". It can get choppy from the boat traffic, but need to slow down during the large wakes. It should be OK!

Fish the east channel, best thing to do is fish deep docks and the weed line using drop shots. Let us know how you do!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeetrzx225
Petty Officer

Post by skeetrzx225 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 pm

DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR BOAT, WORRY ABOUT ALL THE DRUNK IDIOTS OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO OPERATE THERE BOAT. I SAW A LOT OF SCARY BOAT HANDLING LAST WEEKEND . I COULD GO ON AND ON ! YOUR BOATS BIG ENOUGH CAJUNLAT. PHIL

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 pm

skeetrzx225 wrote:DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR BOAT, WORRY ABOUT ALL THE DRUNK IDIOTS OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO OPERATE THERE BOAT. I SAW A LOT OF SCARY BOAT HANDLING LAST WEEKEND . I COULD GO ON AND ON ! YOUR BOATS BIG ENOUGH CAJUNLAT. PHIL
Sad but true.
Reminds me of Lake Tapps