Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
big-fisher
Angler

Post by big-fisher » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:04 pm

hello all!! I am new to the fishing world. I jus recently moved next to lake ballinger and started fishing there everyday, I want some more excitement than a 10inch trout. Is there any other good lakes here on the west side of the mountains? Any cool spots? I would like to expand my fishing horizons a little. Just lookin for new adventures.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Newbie

Post by A9 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:15 pm

What type of fish? Bodies of water? The PNW has a ton of opportunities for a lot of different species. Freshwater, saltwater, rivers, salmon, trout, bass, perch, etc., can all be found nearby.

Just be a bit more specific and perhaps we can give you some more in depth pointers....

Welcome to the site!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

big-fisher
Angler

Post by big-fisher » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:24 pm

I have a small raft type boat with a trolling motor that I want to utilize. I like to fish mostly lakes and I want more of a challenge than reeling in a 10 inch trout.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:43 pm

So bass or (bigger) trout is what your looking for? I'd shoot HillbillyGeek a Private Message. He is up just a bit north of you (Snohomish county) and does a lot of fishing in freshwater for trout and bass and he catches some nice fish.

Also, Rattlesnake lake east over near Duvall has some bigger trout and it's a selective gear lake. I hear a lot of good things about that lake....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Chrisw023
Angler

Post by Chrisw023 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Not really close to you but clear lake for bass or mineral for trout are both good lakes that produce good sized fish and would work well with your boating setup. They are also pretty close to each other giving you the chance to potentially fish both in a day, I have done it a few times. Good luck on finding some new spots.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 am

Welcome to the site :fish:

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Welcome bigfisher,..hope you hook up with some anglers off the site,..good to have you aboard,..but I gotta warn you,..once you turn to the "Dark-Side" you'll never want to go back,..lol,..!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

big-fisher
Angler

Post by big-fisher » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:40 pm

thanks for all the welcomes!!!!