Lake Roosevelt Access & The Government Shutdown

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
T-Bone
Petty Officer

Lake Roosevelt Access & The Government Shutdown

Post by T-Bone » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:38 pm

I bank fish Lake Roosevelt in the Winter and I wonder about popular access points being open to the public. Any updates?

hewesfisher
Admiral

Re: Lake Roosevelt Access & The Government Shutdown

Post by hewesfisher » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:04 am

It depends. The last time we went through a shut down NPS barricaded the launches and parking areas. I know boat anglers were told not to fish on the NPS side of the lake, but there is no tribal side of Lake Roosevelt as it's all below the 1310' line and federal water. The only launch available then was Two Rivers, but that won't work if a shutdown happens this time as reservoir level is already below 1280'.

Problem for bank anglers will be finding a place to park if NPS barricades parking areas as before.

This was posted on Lake Roosevelt NRA website as of this morning...
During the federal government shutdown, this website will not be updated and may not reflect current conditions. Some national parks may remain accessible to visitors; however, access may change without notice. Some parks are closed completely. Some visitor services may be available when provided by concessioners or other entities. For most parks, there will be no National Park Service-provided visitor services, such as restrooms, trash collection, facilities, or road maintenance. For more information, see http://www.doi.gov/shutdown and the park website.
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

Sideburns
Commander

Re: Lake Roosevelt Access & The Government Shutdown

Post by Sideburns » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:21 am

As I understood it (from a brief news clip) this shutdown was more of a partial shutdown than before.... Parks are supposed to remain open, but with limited services.

***The lack of emergency services caught my attention and should be considered......
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"