whats the worst lure you have ever bought?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
noah the angler
Petty Officer

whats the worst lure you have ever bought?

Post by noah the angler » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm

post a pic or tell us what was the worst lure you have ever spent your money on. [cursing]

BentRod
Admiral

Re: whats the worst lure you have ever bought?

Post by BentRod » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 am

The Gitzit spinners that are copies of the Rooster Tail. My wife bought me a pack as a stocking stuffer for Xmas one year. The quality of those lures was painfully poor. I couldn't keep the blade spinning unless it was really ripping through the water, which was pointless. I had one real Rooster Tail in the tackle box that day and it was knocking the trout dead, but all six of the Gitzits were junk. I'm going to disassemble all of them and use the bodies and blades to make some decent spinners with good clevises, bearings, and hooks.

noah the angler
Petty Officer

Post by noah the angler » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:54 pm

just go's to show nothing beats Yakima rooster tails! [thumbup]

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:55 am

Hands down the worst was those helicopter lures they advertised on tv years ago. Never got a bite, let alone a fish but boy howdy did they twist your line into the prettiest rats nest you ever did see ](*,)
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

noah the angler
Petty Officer

Post by noah the angler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:44 pm

sounds like some real fun! :)