Anybody fish Thompson Lake anymore?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
fishinChristian
Commander

Anybody fish Thompson Lake anymore?

Post by fishinChristian » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:53 pm

Thomposon Lake, a small lake on Steamboat Rock, surrounded by Banks Lake, used to have abundant Largemouth Bass and large Rainbows. It's been decades since I've fished it. Wondered if anyone still fished it.

tbrinks
Petty Officer

Re: Anybody fish Thompson Lake anymore?

Post by tbrinks » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:46 am

I have been to Banks countless times and never even knew there was a lake there on Steamboat. I checked Navionics (not that I didn't believe it was there) and there it is. It's even mapped. Sounds like I need to make a trip in the future.

Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com

fishinChristian
Commander

Re: Anybody fish Thompson Lake anymore?

Post by fishinChristian » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:09 pm

Yeah, I think a lot of people drive by and think it's a bay, or puddle. Used to have a lot of stunted bass in the 12" range, with some trout. If you go other than cold weather, that place is full of rattlers, so watch it.