Fishing near Camano Island

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
jvbb
Angler

Fishing near Camano Island

Post by jvbb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:55 am

Hi guys,

I have been visiting my wife's parents on Camano Island for the past 25 years. This trip in August I would like to fish and relax. I have fished Lost lake when my nephew lived there. Tried the Stillaguamish while my Brother n Law was alive, and was just wondering what you guys would recommend for an low skilled fisherman that would like to learn and catch more fish. Are there steel heads at that time in the rivers? I usually just fish from the shore. Thanks for your help. Joe

4n6fisher
Warrant Officer

Re: Fishing near Camano Island

Post by 4n6fisher » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Joe,
The salt will be open for Coho, barring emergency closure so beaches might be an option. Another option would be to head just a little south of Stanwood to 7 lakes area. Lots of small lakes with reportedly decent fishing (see JoshH reports), but some floating device would likely be needed as there is minimal shore access. No steel in the Stilly until fall and looks like no salmon season there either.

jvbb
Angler

Re: Fishing near Camano Island

Post by jvbb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks...

Davidka21
Angler

lake Washington

Post by Davidka21 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Hell yeah I know this is the wrong post, but I’m still trying to figure out how to post. Just wondering I’m stopping by lake WASHINGTON for a while, wondering if anyone knows good spots for crawheads!! I’ve trapped there once in a specific location several years ago caught barely, so I’m wondering for any perfect sports or any where else around King county!!