Fishing near Camano Island

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
jvbb
Angler

Fishing near Camano Island

Post by jvbb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am

Hi guys,

I have been visiting my wife's parents on Camano Island for the past 25 years. This trip in August I would like to fish and relax. I have fished Lost lake when my nephew lived there. Tried the Stillaguamish while my Brother n Law was alive, and was just wondering what you guys would recommend for an low skilled fisherman that would like to learn and catch more fish. Are there steel heads at that time in the rivers? I usually just fish from the shore. Thanks for your help. Joe

JoshH
Lieutenant

Re: Fishing near Camano Island

Post by JoshH » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Off some of the beaches can catch and release sea run cutthroat, or just toss some bait out as far as you can and catch flounder/sand dabs. The stilly is bad fishing, nothing really there. No real good bank fishing lakes nearby. A small boat, raft etc is great for lake ki which is close. Too shallow to fish from the shore there. Or drive out to Whidbey Island and fish cranberry lake, lots of good bank and dock access there.

Depending on when in august and when the coho show up, can fish coho from shore with buzz bombs on camano.