sturgeon

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
3D
Angler

sturgeon

Post by 3D » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm

does any one know where to fish for sturgeon on cowlitz river?
i have fished columbia river up by the bvl-dam. but the 6 hr drive is killing me
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

RE:sturgeon

Post by Reel_Nut » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Where are ya driving from?

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm

I used to do that drive to the Columbia for springers and it got real tireing very fast.At almost 4 bucks a gallonI'm sure the pressure wont be so bad this year.Even though the drive can be very exhausting.It always was a way harder drive after getting skunked .
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Reel_Nut
Petty Officer

Post by Reel_Nut » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Hey 3D,
Thats a drive from where you live. have you ever fished the Chehalis or down in Chinook? There are a few other realy hot spots to fish right now for sturgeon but 1 you have to have a sled to get to the hunny grounds and the other is nowing your way through the shallows.
Best of luck and tight lines