Smallmouth lake recommendations

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
grubowski
Petty Officer

Smallmouth lake recommendations

Post by grubowski » Fri May 25, 2018 11:38 pm

I've been doing quite well for the largemouth around here, but I would really like to get into some decent sized smallmouth. I live in Elma in Grays Harbor and wondered if anyone would be willing to give me some recommendations for places within maybe a 90 minute drive with some quality smallmouth. I fished Summit once and caught a bunch of smallies, but they were tiny. It looks like Lost, Spencer, Black, American, Steilacoom, Tapps, Clear and Riffe lakes could be options. Anyone have any thoughts on any of these? I fish from a float tube, so I can't cover a ton of water, but I'm willing to give it a try. Thanks.

Sideburns
Commander

Re: Smallmouth lake recommendations

Post by Sideburns » Sat May 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Lake Tapps on a weekday morning..... Good smallmouth fishing, but take that with a grain of salt, It is the only lake on your list that I've targeted smallmouth.
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"

grubowski
Petty Officer

Re: Smallmouth lake recommendations

Post by grubowski » Sun May 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Thanks for replying. Tapps seemed to have the most good fish from what I saw on reports. I work a week on a week off, so weekdays are doable.