Lake Washington: Pain in the Bass

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Lake Washington: Pain in the Bass

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am

Hello.

I want to start fishing off my families dock again this year, and have not fished this early in the year. Can you bass professionals give me a little information on what to throw/pitch/crank/bobber etc etc. The location I would be fishing is North of Oh Oh Denny Park, on the east side of the Lake. Right off the end of the dock, the water ranges from around 15 feet to 40 feet. Sandy bottom with some rocks and TALL grasses! I would appreciate any insight. I do have access to a rec kayak, not set up with fishing accessories, but I could haul a couple rods and fish off the dock, deeper, if need be!

thanks

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Lake Washington: Pain in the Bass

Post by Amx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 am

Drop shot, jig, crankbait, carolina rig, top water, grub on a round jig head, swim bait, rattle trap, chatterbait, stuff like that. On the bottom, thru mid depth for suspended fish. Close to and in the weed patches.
Tom.

Interests: living

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:29 am

Tom,

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help!

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:31 pm

There was just a recent post for smallmouth on lake wa, check that out. Also I've heard in other lakes smallies are hitting crank baits in 10 to 20 ft of water right now. Good luck!

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:44 pm

A fishing report, not an actual post in a thread. :-) here;

http://www.northwestfishingreports.com/ ... ails/56367
Tom.

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:21 pm

That what I meant haha Thanks Amx!

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:35 am

Right on! Thanks Fisher and AMX!
I saw the report, but wanted to check if that was going to be the same for a different part of the lake!
There are some hardcore bass guys on here, so I wanted to double check with them. haha
Appreciate the input. I am going to give it a try this Sunday and early next week!

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 am

Just thought I would throw an update on this thread. I have been out twice in the last 2 weeks. Only fishing off my father in laws dock. I have yet to get into any fish. My most recent outing was yesterday. Although hot outside, the water temp was still around 48-50 degrees. Water was clear to about 7 feet. Not murky. Did not see the tall row of grasses as I usually see come July/August/September. I fished early afternoon and around 7pm. I had a pole rigged for bait (worms), which I only casted out and let sit for about 12 minutes, before bringing in. Then I had another pole set up for throwing a senko on a weighted 3/0 wide gap. I used a pumpkin/black speck senko 6 inch I believe. And my last pole was crank/jerk and spinner bait rigged. I tossed some 3 section perch raps,7-8 foot diver. A 10 foot depth jerk bait, perch pattern with buck tail feathers, and a 3/8oz chartreuse/white spinner bait. I had no hits, follows, interest. No perch following anything. Maybe his location is not prime for spring bass..maybe more so a mid to late summer spot when those grassy blooms explode? If you have a seat on your boat and would be able to take me out sometime; I would really appreciate it. I can help pitch in for fuel and provide food/drinks.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 am

That cold, fish deeper on the bottom, and slower than slow.
Tom.

SeatoSummit88
Petty Officer

Post by SeatoSummit88 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Thank you Tom. I will take the kayak out next time and tie up to his mooring buoy and work the 40-50 foot hole off his dock.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Fish all the way up to 20 feet depths.
Tom.