Gem Lake Information?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
islandbass
Commander

Gem Lake Information?

Post by islandbass » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 am

Hello, everyone!

Through some internet surfing, I came across a lake called Gem Lake. It is supposedly in the Snoqualmie area. I might have been doing something wrong in my initial search here, but I could not find any information about it, like species this lake might have and any fishing restrictions (ie, fly fishing only, etc.).

There also appear to be a few neighboring lakes in its proximity.

Does anyone know about this lake or fished it? Would this be considered an "Alpine" lake? Any information is helpful. Thanks.

-ib

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Re: Gem Lake Information?

Post by Dave M » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 pm

The only Gem lake I know is the alpine lake above Snoqualmie pass, near Snow lake. Have not heard of anyone fishing in there, some do at snow lake with mixed results.

islandbass
Commander

Post by islandbass » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks! Yes, that is the lake. The information I've found on it was geared more toward hiking than fishing. Fishing an "Alpine" has always been on the back burner and upon stumbling upon Gem Lake kind of rekindled that. I have a 9'6" light action spinning rod that is spoiling to battle a trout or two, lol.

-ib

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 pm

Look up Annette lake, it is on the west side 1 exit before the pass. I have pulled a few decent trout out of there.