Lake Chelan end of August

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
NWrookie
Petty Officer

Lake Chelan end of August

Post by NWrookie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 am

I was wondering what my best bet for type of fish next week. a friend of mine is coming up from AZ and I want to see what we can find. I have a 16' pontoon with a 40 HP so as long as the wind cooperates I can travel some. I was there last summer and had a blast catching about a dozen 1 lb smallmouth, but I was hoping lake trout or kokanee would be available. I have a downrigger with 200' of braid so we can try to get down for the macks. Any suggestion or advice would be appreciated.

Hunter757
Commander

Re: Lake Chelan end of August

Post by Hunter757 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:20 am

NWrookie, check the reports section and look at all the old reports that have hotspots. There are fish to be had in the lower basin in the spring and summer. I am sure just like our lakes here the fish are still around, troll around and find the fish via FF. There are macks in the basin as well in 100-150ft of water. Make sure you have some corn and at least one or two Macks lures Pink squid I think the number is 60003 is the lucky one. I have not fished the lake this year but its a lake with fish right....just make sure you have that lure and the DD 4" pink dodger matches well to it. You can launch at the city park or in Mason both areas give you a advantage and quick exit if the wind picks up. Good luck and be safe!
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Re: Lake Chelan end of August

Post by cobrar543 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 am

I am wondering too. Sure the Kokanee have moved back up lake. Going to try the painted Rock area where ever that is. Jeff recommend it. I know most of the lower lake but upper kind of scares me LOL