'Other lakes on Colville Reservation' ??

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

'Other lakes on Colville Reservation' ??

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Does anyone have any direct experience fishing the other handful of lakes within the Colville Reservation? I am talking about, Bufallo lake, Upper Goose, McGinnes, LeFleur,
Etc. etc. and still others. Bufallo seems to be the most popular.
I am well versed in Omak lake, and well versed in the tribal permit, so not asking about that.

I'd like to put a 3 day weekend together and take out my Pram for it's maiden voyage, fly fishing, crawfishing, etc. Any/all species is cool. Just want to hear which alternative Colville Res. lake you recommend.

eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Re: 'Other lakes on Colville Reservation' ??

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:54 pm

I have fished a couple up there but has been a while. Buffalo was okay but the fish were on the small side, 8"-10" rainbows and a few small largemouth. Twin lakes was a blast but more for quantities of fish rather than quality. We could catch 50-60 largemouth a day but largest was about 2lbs. Caught some nice brook trout trolling with spoons and spinners and some decent rainbows. I have always wanted to go back to Twin with a flyrod for bass but have not made it. I think in the evening and morning with a popper would be too much fun!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:50 pm

eat-sleep-fish wrote:I have fished a couple up there but has been a while. Buffalo was okay but the fish were on the small side, 8"-10" rainbows and a few small largemouth. Twin lakes was a blast but more for quantities of fish rather than quality. We could catch 50-60 largemouth a day but largest was about 2lbs. Caught some nice brook trout trolling with spoons and spinners and some decent rainbows. I have always wanted to go back to Twin with a flyrod for bass but have not made it. I think in the evening and morning with a popper would be too much fun!
That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for your input, 'eat-sleep-fish'' =D>

Do you recall any camping opportunities at any of the lakes. I know about the camping at Omak, but like I said, really want to hit these small lakes, and kind of be camped close by, security, etc.

eat-sleep-fish
Warrant Officer

Post by eat-sleep-fish » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:16 am

looks like there is a resort on both North and South Twin Lakes. I have only fished South so not sure if North Twin is any good or not. Rainbow Beach on North and Hartmans on South if you want to look them up. I think they are connected by a canal and if the boat is not too big, you can travel between both, depending on water level of course.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:27 am

I fished Buffalo this spring and landed a nice 23" rainbow, my personal best. I also caught a nice sized crappie, but not much else. The lake is supposed to be great for crawfish and I have seen many of them, or at least moults in the past. Also, maybe a couple of springs ago the bass were plentiful and a good size, but they were in spawn and wouldn't bite anything.

My fishing at McGinnis is limited, but I do seem to recall a decent rainbow bite, in numbers at least.

In additional to the tribal license, be aware that the tribe can also have its own seasons for different species.

Good luck.

tbrinks
Petty Officer

Post by tbrinks » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Never fished most of them but always hear about Buffalo and Twin.

Buffalo looks really deep but does look like it has some good bass habitat and shallow flats. Are there largemouth or smallmouth in there?

Spokane, WA
Navionics Sponsored
http://www.tbrinksfishing.com

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:10 pm

I should be going to Beefalo in Oct. Been to hot, to damn smokey, etc. Looking forward to what is supposed to be an excellent crayfish lake as well.