Fishing near lake quinault

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Lance8490
Angler

Fishing near lake quinault

Post by Lance8490 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:29 am

Going to be in lake quinault area for 2 days this week and would really like to do some fishing. I am from Louisiana and on vacation. I would like to try something that has a little hike to get to it and could catch some trout. I am not an experienced hiker so something relatively easy. Any recommendations would be great. I would also like fishing rivers/ streams if that is in the area. I plan on bringing my spinning gear and using like a mepps in line spinner. Not sure if that is a good bait or not. Let me know. Thanks again

ebpip
Petty Officer

Re: Fishing near lake quinault

Post by ebpip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 am

The upper Quinault River has some decent rainbow trout fishing. I've hooked into some hefty ones there. Not a whole lot of hiking but beautiful area. Check the WDFW regs, but it's open from the lake to the National Park boundary, release wilds.

ebpip
Petty Officer

Post by ebpip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

...and yes, spinners and spoons would be the way to go, just cast slightly upstream and reel as needed to keep it spinning as it drifts through. Check the regs though, I believe it's single barbless hooks only.

bigyfish
Angler

Post by bigyfish » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 am

Lots of hiking on the south side of the lake on forest service land. Buy a tribal permit and fish the lake if you have a watercraft. Lots of dolly vardon and sea run cutthroat trout.