Where are the Baker Lake Sockeye?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Re: Where are the Baker Lake Sockeye?

Post by Dave M » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:02 pm

quote]
I hope there is still a good push of fish to come. I'm waiting to see how the derby goes next weekend before I commit to heading up there to try this fishery for the first time (I figure the busiest weekend on the lake isn't a good time to try to figure things out). Looking back at the past 2 years, and especially 2 years ago, the river was much lower and we had a much longer dry spell, yet more fish still made it up to the lake. At least the return this year is already better than the return for the brood year (2013). I wonder if any of these fish have strayed to lake WA.[/quote]

Jake, What derby? Is there one on Baker? or are you talking about in the sound?

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:11 am

The CCA derby on Baker Lake. It runs Friday-Sunday this weekend. Enjoy the format, the big money goes to the Mystery Weight. You just have to catch a fish not necessarily the big one.

Jakefish
Warrant Officer

Post by Jakefish » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Anyone hear any reports from the derby?