Any updates on Riffe Lake and the fishing bridge?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Bay wolf
Commander

Any updates on Riffe Lake and the fishing bridge?

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:28 am

Is Riffe lake fishing bridge truly dead? Have they permanently lowered the water to a point where the excellent fishing that was once done from the bridge yet another one of those fisheries we only have memories of?

Anybody have any current information?
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Any updates on Riffe Lake and the fishing bridge?

Post by Toni » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:29 pm

"Based on new information about regional seismicity, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) recently revised its earthquake predictions for the Cowlitz River basin. Although the probability of a large earthquake is very low, the revisions showed an increase to the potential impact just on the spillways of Mossyrock Dam (not to the dam structure itself). To protect public safety, Tacoma Power has proposed to hold Riffe Lake’s elevation down approximately 30 feet lower than full (778 ft.) at least into the next decade. Approval by the federal agency that regulates the utility is pending."

"FISHING
The Taidnapam Park fishing bridge will be difficult to use; we don’t anticipate much fishing success at it.
The North Shore Fishing Access area will be usable to 740 feet."

I don't think it will be any good Bay wolf

https://www.mytpu.org/tacomapower/about ... ck-dam.htm
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:32 pm

#-o [thumbdn] BUMMAGE!
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

JAYDOG
Petty Officer

Post by JAYDOG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 pm

We were there this weekend, Afraid the bridge is hopeless. However there are a few places you can get down to the waters edge to bank fish. That being said, I talked to a Kayak fisher who said he fished the bridge area for a couple hours with no action at all.

mymannin
Petty Officer

Post by mymannin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:57 am

I heard the trolling isn't bad but the launches are suspect. Anyone have any pics of the launch?? I know they are usable but don't know how adventurous they are??

JAYDOG
Petty Officer

Post by JAYDOG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 pm

If you don't have a problem backing up 2-300 feet the launches are quite usable. Taidnapam North is the better of the open launches, the other being at Mossyrock park. Little to no debris at either launch. I've had no problems launching my 20 foot Duckworth at either.