Anyone been to Kitsap Lake recently?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Anyone been to Kitsap Lake recently?

Post by Juniah87 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Am thinking of bringing the pontoon out after dinner to try for some evening bass fishing along the shore near the boat launch, just curious if anyone has fished this lake recently. Are the perch in the shallows yet? Bass? Don't see any fishing reports for the lake since 2017.

gaSSer41
Petty Officer

Re: Anyone been to Kitsap Lake recently?

Post by gaSSer41 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi there Juniah87
I was down at the lake today. I did see one perch up on its side near the pogy club boat launch. It was very small though. My guess is that someone caught it from shore. I did see a couple of boats bass fishing today also, but I do not know how they did. Was my first time out this year & it sure felt good with the sun out today. I caught my limit of rainbow ranging from one 15 1/2, one 14 1/2, one 14, & a couple of 13 1/2. One was caught on a spoon with a wedding ring, one was caught on a blk. & red wooly bugger & the rest was on a green with gold wooly bugger. I was trolling with 1/4 oz. weight. The water temp at the surface was 55 degrees. They all was good fighters with spunk. It was a little slow as for the bite today. Was in the water fishing just a little before 8:00 AM. I finished just before 12 noon. Not many fish surfacing. All the fish where nice looking & firm. This lake can be a very fin key lake to fish. I usually fish this lake from March till about the end of June, maybe the fist couple of weeks in July, then the bite seems to turn of & the weeds start to get reel bad. Not to say also the boat traffic, jet skiers, water skiers all come out then. I prefer this lake for fall fishing. Last fall I caught an 18" black mouth that came up into the lake from Chico creek. That was a lot of fun on a ultra lite poll. I will post in the next few days in the reports section with pics.
If you would like to get together & fish out of a boat you are more than welcome. Just pm me.
Butch Duke

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Re: Anyone been to Kitsap Lake recently?

Post by Juniah87 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Thanks for the excellent detailed info! I went after dinner, but decided against using the pontoon, didn't feel up to messing with it tonight with the little daylight I had left. I fished a black colorado blade spinnerbait with a dark green baby craw trailer. I landed one 10-12 inch bass, and got a decent sized strike but missed it. As long as I don't get skinked I'm happy when fishing from shore, haha! The lilly pads are just starting to come in, very tantalizing to work the shore with a jig, I may do that after the Chelan trip.