eagle takes my fish

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
tomasz20
Petty Officer

eagle takes my fish

Post by tomasz20 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:45 pm

A really good video of an eagle taking my fish

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: eagle takes my fish

Post by Amx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Yup, they do that.
Attachments
Image1 cropped.jpg
Tom.

Interests: living

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 pm

That is incredible! I remember having an eagle dive down and grab a fish immediately after releasing a bunch from a tanker truck into Bradley Lake while working for the Puyallup Hatchery. We have 2 eagles that hang out on a giant madrona tree on the cliff in my backyard overlooking Liberty Bay, they are such cool animals! (But the squawking at 4 a.m. gets a little old [cursing] )

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Post by branweeds » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:10 am

Up here on the Nooksack, it is incredible to see 20-30 of them in the trees right over your head. They sure love those old spawned out chum!

Fishin'Daze
Petty Officer

Post by Fishin'Daze » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:18 am

WOW! Cool video. Did you know the Eagle was watching your fish?

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 am

It was set up for that vid. The fish was laid there, the camera was set there and the Eagle could be seen in the tree. Why else would the camera be setting just right with the fish centered and camera focused on the fish. Yes the Eagles watch the fishermen to see if there is a fish they can get, same as on the lakes around here. I see the Eagles lots at a couple lakes I fish, and they sometimes will fly overhead to see if they can get something to eat. Hawks and Osprey also.
Tom.

Interests: living

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:13 pm

I watched a guy doing that a Lake Langlois last year or the year before. He caught a trout and kept tossing out for the eagles to grab. It was kind of cool to watch but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to feed the wildlife regardless of the end game.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

ScottinMilton
Petty Officer

Post by ScottinMilton » Thu May 04, 2017 8:04 am

I have lost fish to sea lions, harbor seals, and a Bald eagle came by and clipped the end of a fishing rod that was in a rocket launcher on the back of the boat when I was off Neha bay after my Dad tossed back a Spanish mackerel and it dove down and grabbed that fish as it hit the water sorry no video none of it was planned, not even the mackerel just happened in an instant. I don't think you can prevent from feeding the wildlife sometimes they pretty much just take it and all you get is the privilege of viewing the occasion.... just me I think its cool [thumbup]
SCOTT JOHNSON
MILTON WA 98354