Banks lake

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
gpc
Admiral

Banks lake

Post by gpc » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:45 pm

On feb. 15 & 16 me and my girlfriend are getting a place at sun lakes resort for our anniversary. I plan on fishing rufus the most but we are staying right on Banks lake. So I figure we might as well try banks. I have fished the lake only 1 time about 10 years ago and it was in june. Do you guys think it would be worth it this time of year? What kind of fishing is available this time of year? I talked to the lady at Coulee Playland and she said they were going for whitefish off their dock, still trying to catch one of them. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am also intrested in Buffalo lake. This lake is on the reservation and cost an additional $20 to fish the lake in the winter time. Anybody ever been there?

YellowBear
Captain

RE:Banks lake

Post by YellowBear » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:58 pm

gpc,
You might want to try a icejig and a Maggot for the whitefish.
there should be some Perch up at Steamboat Rock.
Stop in and ask them at Gordys, they can help you out.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:53 am

If you go to Coulee City's website there is a link for Big Wally's and from there you can get a phone number to call for information about the fishing over there right now. They have had ice at the Coulee City end. Have a great anniversary.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Hal
Warrant Officer

Post by Hal » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:26 am

I am the mayor of ball cap land BOW to me ...

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:21 am

Thanks Hal for posting that link. I wasn't sure of it last night when I posted.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Joe Heater
Warrant Officer

Post by Joe Heater » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am

509-632-5504. Thats the number if you havent already figured it out. They will let you know what is going on with the fishing.

Joe
I have never met a fish yet that respected a big purchase. You can own a $100 boat or you can own a $30,000 boat. You might be more comfortable, but don't expect any fish to care about your investment.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Cool thanks for all the help guys and gals. What about Roosevelt this time of year?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Drove by the lake yesterday........ Bring your ice auger
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

YellowBear
Captain

Post by YellowBear » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:33 pm

gpc,
Roosevelt is good for Rainbows.
7-Bays or Hawk creek, you also have a good shot at a Walleye or two.
YellowBear
Life member N.A.F.C.
Angling Masters international
Good luck and be safe

parrydog
Petty Officer

Post by parrydog » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:28 pm

Try the marina at coulee city, just look for the crowds and bully your way in for some fast paced perch fishing, usually. Two years ago when I lived in Quincy I would regurlary make the drive to catch my 25 perch, many times in under 2 hours. If you are really selective and only want the bigguns you can limit out but it takes longer. If you go the other way the Winchester Wasteway where it crossed road 5 near Quincy also has unreal amounts of perch but I found many more smaller ones, not sure if that was the case for others, the wasteway doesn't have a limit though. I usually used a hook and worm above a weight and varied the depth till I found where they were biting. Keep in mind that almost all of the access for rufus is on the reservation and you will need a permit anyway.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:23 am

only if you're bank fishing. In that case there is lots of fishing down by Chief Joe and the St. Park. I've seen quite a few nice fish taken there.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:30 am

Sorry for bringing this thread out of the archives. But I am waking up at 5am to hit the road and just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. I will post the report when I get back in town.....only if I catch fish that is lol.