Swofford Pond camping

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Basshawg69
Angler

Swofford Pond camping

Post by Basshawg69 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:38 am

Does anyone know if you can still pitch a tent on the shore of Swofford Pond? Planning an evening/next day type fishing trip with my Son. Probably go for some Cat's at night and then Bass the next day. I haven't been there in years. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Basshawg.

nwtoolman
Petty Officer

Re: Swofford Pond camping

Post by nwtoolman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Sorry you can no longer pitch a tent. What we do is put our chairs out, and if we need to sleep we take turns sleeping in the vehicle.

Basshawg69
Angler

Post by Basshawg69 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Thank you NWToolman. I assume that there is ample parking near the shoreline?

Hunter757
Commander

Post by Hunter757 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:47 pm

There are very nice spots to pull of and park with room to fish. Great little pond to fish good luck. There is a campground not to far away run by Tacoma parks that is a very nice place to camp. We have taken day trips in years past and grilled a nice lunch and enjoyed the fishing. Hope you and your son have a great time.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

Basshawg69
Angler

Post by Basshawg69 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:41 am

Thank you. Still a little early in the season. But, It's always a good time fishing with my boy. I'll let you know how we do.