Sprague Lake - Bank Fishing?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
bjbishop88
Angler

Sprague Lake - Bank Fishing?

Post by bjbishop88 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:50 pm

I'll be passing through the Spokane area for work and I'm thinking about stopping at Sprague Lake at some point. I'm from the other side of the mountains so I'm not too familiar with the area. Can anyone recommend a decent area to fish from the bank (unfortunately, jumping in a boat won't be an option for me)? If you can't think of any, would there be another lake with decent bank fishing opportunities?

Thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate it.

Hunter757
Commander

Re: Sprague Lake - Bank Fishing?

Post by Hunter757 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:34 am

There are a few spots along the south side of the lake to stop and fish. There used to be a boat launch area at the east end of the lake and if memory serves correctly you can fish there as well. It has been 8 years or more so might have changed by now? I am sure others will chime in. Good luck.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

T-Bone
Petty Officer

Re: Sprague Lake - Bank Fishing?

Post by T-Bone » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:32 pm

A large WDFW Access is located at the SW corner of the lake, near the large refuge island; follow Sprague's main street West out town for about 6 1/2 miles until you see refuge signs on the right and a PUBLIC FISHING sign. You will be across from the refuge island with all the sea gulls and waterfowl; lots of bank access.

Many confuse the undeveloped, "Pay At The Can" boat launch, just past the turn off for Sprague Lake Resort, with this much larger, access site…Keep driving on the same road and you will see what I am talking about.