Chelan suggestions?

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Dustin07
Commodore

Chelan suggestions?

Post by Dustin07 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:40 am

thinking of taking my 6 year old to Chelan this weekend for some fishing.

however, my downriggers are acting up so I dont want to chase the Mak's. manual riggers only so anything in the top 50ft of water or so would be ideal. I was thinking even if I could get him into some Koke's or rainbows it would be a good weekend, however I dont know the lake well. Any suggestions on where, what depths, lures, etc?

in the past i've only fished chelan for bass and makinaw, doing OK, but I'm not equipped well now to make that a good trip for a 6 year old. we're setup better for shallower water trolling.

Hunter757
Commander

Re: Chelan suggestions?

Post by Hunter757 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:23 am

Dustin07, check the hotspots for Chelan and you can find the spots for kokes and other fish in the lower basin. I have only been there once so I am really no help but its a great lake with a ton of fish. Good luck and don't forget the sun tan lotion its going to be HOT!! Tight lines.
2005 Weldcraft Maverick 182DV
Suzuki DF140
Suzuki DF 9.9
Lowrance elite 7 HDI
Raymarine Ray49 VHF
Cannon Mag 10 HS

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:59 am

Launch at Mill Bay then pull small stick baits or trolling flies in 6-12' of water in Mill Bay. The rainbow fishing should be good and there are alot of smallmouth avaliable also. Good luck, drink lots of water and smear on a gallon of sunscreen.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:04 pm

I second rseas, 50 ft deep in chelan is marginal for koks, I think your son would have a blast with the savage strikes long lining Rapala lures back 80 to 100 feet of the boat.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".