Alpine Lake Wilderness

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
Dave M
Warrant Officer

Alpine Lake Wilderness

Post by Dave M » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:43 am

I have been trying to find information about fishing these lakes. Most of the rules I have seen do not say anything about fishing, just rules about use. Biggest question is are any of these lakes C&R only? Looking at starting with Snoqualmie lake, deer lake, bear lake and lake dorothy.

zen leecher
Commander

Re: Alpine Lake Wilderness

Post by zen leecher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 am

If a lake is unnamed in the yearly fishing regulations it falls under the state retention rules. It states that somewhere in the pamphlet.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 am

We have 4-5 Alpine Lakes videos in our video section. You'll have to explore for them. As stated, these lakes follow statewide rules unless noted in the special rules section for lakes east and west side.

I'm also in the process of adding a whole bunch of topo maps for area 4 which is south around Mt. Rainer area.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:38 am

Dave M wrote:I have been trying to find information about fishing these lakes. Most of the rules I have seen do not say anything about fishing, just rules about use. Biggest question is are any of these lakes C&R only? Looking at starting with Snoqualmie lake, deer lake, bear lake and lake dorothy.

Just remember that the regs only list lakes with "Special rules" Therefor if the lake is not listed, as is the the case with the many (1000's) of alpine lakes... then it has no special rules, and falls under the standard state wide rules.
Which you can bone up on within the sections titled "Standard state rules"

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:58 am

Thanks all. For state rules i get it. Just wanted to make sure there were no special Federal rules.

tframe
Angler

Post by tframe » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:43 pm

These are all good fishing lakes with Dorothy being the best in my opinion. Pack a small raft and you will be surprised with the quality and quantity of fish.

Dave M
Warrant Officer

Post by Dave M » Mon May 04, 2015 10:57 am

We made it out for a day trip to Dorothy and Bear lakes. Only fished at Bear. 1 of us caught a baby Mackinaw and a really nice Rainbow about 13-14 inches. Then he caught about a 17 inch Mack. The baby went back, was about 5-6 inches. He was using a rooster tail. The lake was listed as having rainbow, Snoqualmie is the one listed with Macks. Will be heading back to try Dorothy and make a weekend trip for Deer and Snoqualmie.

buzzbob
Petty Officer

Post by buzzbob » Mon May 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Bear lake was planted with mackinaw in 1996.