Seasons for lakes not in the reg book

Lake fishing topics and discussions belong in this forum. Please, don't post reports in the forum.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information.
mitchard
Petty Officer

Seasons for lakes not in the reg book

Post by mitchard » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:29 am

I know this has been discussed before. I did a couple searches on the forum, but couldn't find an answer.

If a lake is not in the reg book, is it considered year round? I want to say that the answer was yes based off what I have seen here, but I wanted to double check before I go out and end up with a ticket.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Seasons for lakes not in the reg book

Post by Amx » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 am

yes

and I'd call the WDFW in case the name of the lake is different than what you know it by, if it's a small lake or pond and everyone uses a 'local' name.
Tom.

Interests: living

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:42 am

lakes not listed in the book are year round, anything goes fishing with regular retention rules, and have no WDFW launch area.

Or..... they are private. [-X

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:05 pm

From the 2012 Regs:
There are over 7,500 lakes, reservoirs, and ponds (excluding beaver ponds), in Washington State waters unlisted within this pamphlet, that are open to fishing for game fish (except Dolly Varden /Bull Trout and GRASS CARP) year-round.
These year-round fishing opportunities are regulated under the Statewide Freshwater Rules as listed on pages 16-17 with the following exceptions:
• seasonal waters listed under Lake Special Rules pages 59-69, and 85-95
• waters within tribal reservation lands
• waters within national park boundaries (not national forests)
• within boundaries of federal military installations

Note: Unlisted rivers, streams, and beaver ponds fall under statewide rules except the Puget Sound, Strait, and Coastal Rivers.
By definition, the vast majority of rivers, creeks and streams located in Western Washington are considered Puget Sound, Strait, and Coastal Rivers.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 am

G-Man wrote:From the 2012 Regs:
There are over 7,500 lakes, reservoirs, and ponds (excluding beaver ponds), in Washington State waters unlisted within this pamphlet, that are open to fishing for game fish (except Dolly Varden /Bull Trout and GRASS CARP) year-round.
These year-round fishing opportunities are regulated under the Statewide Freshwater Rules as listed on pages 16-17 with the following exceptions:
• seasonal waters listed under Lake Special Rules pages 59-69, and 85-95
• waters within tribal reservation lands
• waters within national park boundaries (not national forests)
• within boundaries of federal military installations

Note: Unlisted rivers, streams, and beaver ponds fall under statewide rules except the Puget Sound, Strait, and Coastal Rivers.
By definition, the vast majority of rivers, creeks and streams located in Western Washington are considered Puget Sound, Strait, and Coastal Rivers.
Right at the top of page 5 under the heading "Unlisted Lakes, Ponds, Reservoirs". [wink]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:43 am

Great. Thanks guys.

nickknows
Angler

Post by nickknows » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:14 am

It is better to be safe than sorry or end up with a ticket there's so many rules hard to keep track of it all I keep a regs book on me in the car however I wasn't aware their were lakes not listed in the regs lol I need to get out more

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:56 am

nickknows wrote:I wasn't aware their were lakes not listed in the regs lol I need to get out more
Think about every single body of water within the alpine lakes. There are 1000's. Not enough paper to list them all. Grant it, they are not typically ice free year round, just saying that you cannot include every lake in the regs. If a lake is over 1 acre, is it a lake, or a seasonal pond? too many varialbes.